X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hola, soy la autentica Big Mat.

Siempre me gustaron las computadoras, aunque no pude tener una de muy joven y hasta ahora compre una básica.
    Actualmente tengo una Dere R9 Pro no es mucho pero con esto quiero empezar en el mundo en que de de muy joven no puede.

Saludos.

Comment

Hello
      I wish you All are to be in good shape

My name is Tarek and I had a good knowldge of basic electronics and I am seeking to have a good skill to do a repair for some elctronic devices and maybe desiging also in future

by the way my orign experience is in computer programming and web development field for long time but I studied electroincs to add some value to my knowledge and to help people to make them happy.

Hope to every one to achieve his/her goals

Keep in touch

Regards,

Comment

Hi Everyone!

I have ever been tinkering with electronics, but never transformed it into full time job. I think I may actually do that soon.

I'll try to help if I can.

Comment

Thank you for this site!

Comment

Hello all

Comment

Hi guys, just decided to join your lovely forums.

Hope to have some fun here as well as learn more about computer electronics and sharpen my electronics skills.

Comment

Hi everybody. Im new here and wanting to learn to repair computers on component level. Thanks.

Comment

As requested, here I am introducing myself. Just like to fix things, but I need help from time to time.

Peace.

Comment

Hello..!!

Comment

Hello, i'm new, i used to work in IT for a local NHS Trust but retired about 1 year ago. I still dabble in building a selling a few PC's.

Thanks Qwerty101

Comment

Hello. Last week 3 of my fave tech items (lcd tv/lcd monitor/headphones) died and I decided to learn repair so they don't beome landfill. Hope to gain some knowledge here. Thanks!
                        Lucy (albuquerque, NM, USA)

Comment

Hello, I'm just a guy who enjoys repairing electronics.

Comment

Hi Guys! Retired Pharmaceutical engineer , prior to that spent 21 yrs in Telecoms , started my journey with a Zx81 , and some other machine that i forget right now, the clutch slips a bit at 65 , CPM basic , mostly been a hardware guy ,, used to maintain and repair a Zhentel plantronics diagnostic machine for some years and then moved on to R&D electronics dept within the Telecoms company.
                            Eventually had enough of that and started a small motorcycle repair business , then was made an offer i could'nt refuse , twice , i did refuse it the first time but took the offer with Fresenius Kabi manufacturing and had an absolute ball!!
                            Currently use an old HP650 code named , "Black Ember" cos she runs so hot , running on Linux , abandoned Winders and Microsoft some years ago and will never go back.
                            Enjoy Pi's and Arduino , 3D printing and general engineering and making n fixing , which is why I'm here.
                            My motto - though most will disagree "There's no such thing as useless tech!!"

Comment

I feel like I should have been a member of this website a lot sooner than that, Lord knows I've gained insight from it many times.
                              About me: my first pc, that is, REAL pc, was a panasonic sr partner luggable, 8086 @4mhz as I recall. I installed the 8 pin dimm for ram upgrade from 32k to 64k. I was only about 13 or 14. Still have that computer and it still turns on. I cut my teeth on DOS. Been all over the tech realm since then - from networking to programming to starting an ISP, to hosting VPN and application services. But I never grow tired of getting a non-working computer back into service.
                              Eventually I'll think of something clever to put here... eventually... (unless I steal something clever from some other famous person)

Comment

Hey All! I think I was here before, but it was quite a long time ago and back then didn't realize the significance of, what I'm sure I gave a quick once over and moved on, as being very relevant to what I would do in the years to come!

First computer was a combo of three old and broken PCs, two unbranded, IBM-PC clones and an Everex IBM-PC! These I had found in the basement of the house I was renting from a great guy who turned out to be an engineer at Next. After a smirk and a bit of laughter from him on asking if I could give a go at reviving 'something' from the wreckage of these three he said, 'Try not to kill yourself. Do not open up the power supplies or the monitors!' After finding the until then unknown monitors of which one turned out to be an actual VGA, Viewsonic with real color that worked, well the menu functions did, I was so excited I brought every piece of electronics up from the basement and covered my living room floor categorically by parts type, much to the absolute annoyance of the wife and interests of the small people.

So, long story short, it was four days and reading every single manual available, of which there were many and also for equipment not present, and having no other real game plan other than getting myself 'online' I began a systematic combing of pieces and parts until, manuals be damned, I had a working 80286/20 with 4MB-RAM, an 80MB-HDD, a truly bizarre unknown and unbranded 8-bit sound card that was terrifying to turn up past 1-2 and a US-Robotics 14.4K Modem which I had to pay extra to PacBell to have it function at full speed with some arcane DOS utility to do some translations of some sort or another. A trident 2MB GFX Card connected to the 14" Viewsonic monitor and don't you know the first thing I downloaded watching in disbelieving awe, line by line over the span of about a minute and a half, was none other than Emma Bunton aka 'Baby Spice' of Spice Girls fame! Holy Smokes what a time to be alive! Immediately I knew a quality printer was a must-have and the rest is a crazy and continuous but joyous chasing of the all-mighty Mhz right on through Ghz to my now beloved Intel 10th Gen i9-10900K! (It still amazes me to see this CPU rip right on past 5.0Ghz and nearly to 6.0Ghz!)

I'm a self-employed, small biz owner who attempts to keep everyone's computer running tip-top with something resembling success in a small town in California that the computer craze never really got a foothold. I dabble in cell phone and tablet repair of which their is none of the raw excitement to be found in a beastly desktop. Other than the innards of a computer you might find me under the hood of some yesteryear muscular American Automobile doing much the same thing as I'm hopelessly addicted to the thrill of overclocking be it in Gigahertz or Horsepower!

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                  I am alex, an online tutor at tutoreye.com. I live in poway california.

Comment

hello just started laptops repair

Comment

Hi guys , I just want to learn and share my knowledge regarding electronics , microsoldering , jtag , SPI programmers , and mobile phone fixing experience

Thanks for keep this kind of places alive 🖖

Comment

Hi guys, I'm from italy, it's enjoy being part of this community.

In my experice i repair joystick, pc and console.

Comment

I joined because I wanted to learn how to repair, thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X