X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi!
    I'm Joe, currently living in Cleveland, OH. I grew up on a farm, constantly tinkering with trucks, tractors, and whatever else needed repair. I have no formal training in electronic repair, but have successfully replaced an isolated cap here and there. By trade, I'm an emergency medicine resident. I greatly appreciate the wealth of knowledge I've already gleaned from the FAQs and hope to continue learning. I've got a project I'm working on, and would greatly appreciate any help anyone can offer.
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28699

cheers,
    joe

Comment

HI! Im Christina from NC and im basically a tech junkieXD and found this website trying to find out how to fix my parents electronics so far this help me SOO MUCH.

Comment

Hello people, I decided to join these forums, when I encounter a problem with my friend laptop Toshiba L200. I done everything with my knowledge but still no luck, then I found this site and hoping I can solve that problem, with Toshiba L200.
        Thanks to all

Comment

Hello people, I decided to join these forums, when I encounter a problem with my friend laptop Toshiba L200. I done everything with my knowledge but still no luck, then I found this site and hoping I can solve that problem, with Toshiba L200.

Thanks to all

Comment

Hello, I'm Ivan, from Italy.
            I've always tried to build or fix things by myself. In these days this is becoming harder and harder as electronic gets more miniaturized, but I'll never surrender.
            I joined this forum because I'm going to recap a motherboard in the next few days and, should I solve its issues, this seems the proper place to leave some notes to others.

See you around in the forum.

Comment

Joning in trying to fix a HP1955 I've gotten - I know, it is not up to the newest screens, but just the fun of being able to fix something makes it worth it ;-)

M.

Comment

Thank You

Sir How can I post my message?

Comment

Hi there,
                  I am Jean-Pierre from France. I registered in 2010, but never took the time to say hello.
                  I have seen posts abouts those Antec Smart Power PSUs blowing up the 5VSB. Having just built a rudimentary ESR meter from a cheap multimeter, I will take a deeper look at mine.
                  Cheers
                  Jean-Pierre.

Comment

Hi My name's Ray. I'm 57, currently an Electronic Tech for a large telecom. Also do component level repair on pro audio, guitar/bass amps and vintage stereo equipment. Also was part owner of a test equipment calibration and repair lab.

I joined this forum for the same reason I've joined others; for the free flow of information. I'm constantly amazed at the amount and quality of information that is so graciously shared in these forums.

Comment

Hello.
                      I am Professional technician i live in Greece/Thessaloniki.
                      My name is Alex(sakis).
                      Best regards.

Comment

Hello all,

I am a old french man

So hope your pardon to my poor english

I will travel on your forum to updating my knowledge ...

I whish you a good summer (here it's not arived )

Best reguards

Tryphon

Comment

Hello my name is Roland
                          I`m from Brazil.Used to be a technician for 25 years and stopped 8 years ago.
                          Now I`m back and quite lost .The world of electronics changed quickly.

Comment

Hi all!

My name is Alex, I am 20 and am from the UK. Currently work with SQL databases, I have previously worked as an IT support technician dealing mainly with software and networking issues. Have done and still do quite a bit of PC repair work in my spare time as a hobby.

Am interested in electronics but as of yet have very little knowledge/dont know where to start. Am looking at finding apprenticeships as an electronics tech.
                            Last edited by spikes746; 05-21-2013, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Hello to everyone.
                              My name is David; I am a semi-retired technician from the uk. I have been a service manager and self-employed (amongst other things) during my lifetime.
                              Kind Regards to you all

Comment

Hi,

Glad to be here and learn new stuff. Thank you everyone.

Comment

Hello Everybody,

My name is Theo and I am found your forum in search of a solution for an LG LCD TV that was not showing picture. Very likely an issue what the inverter board. A google search showed quite some info from this forum on the board type number. So with the help of this forum I hope to fix it soon.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi there.
                                    I'm from Italy, I already repaired some badcapped motherboards, some successfully, some not, and some half and half (worked until they died for something else ).
                                    Now I need to fix a non-badcapped Asus P4P800-SE, so I hope to get some help here

Comment

Just a quick intro I used to be in the computer hardware industry back in the 90s and early 2000s however when we had the industry meltdown I changed industry and never looked back. Anyway back to the reason why I joint Badcaps is I bought a VIVO 42' TV about 18months ago however last week it stopped displaying the picture sound and all other function still working so I found this thread and decided to join.

Comment

Hi forum members, I landed on this forum when I was searching for my solutioons to my motherboard issues and got a great deal of info from here. specially it solved my issue and made me aware of how lethal Bad capacitors can be.

I am hoping to gain a lot of experience from u guys and a lot of advice related to PC repair and maintenance (which was just limited to PC assembly only before and now jumped to board repairing...)...^_^

Comment

Hello, folks. Seems like a very technical place. Good to be here.
                                          Early 50s, USA, engineer.

Comment

Working...
                                          X