X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Good day Everyone!

At last i found a forum that could broaden my knowledge in troubleshooting. Searching for bad caps in LCD repair, upon reading the the topic i was so amaze!. I thank you all to those who share there problems and specially to those who patiently share there knowledge in repairing. more power!!!

Comment

Just found this forum while searching for failure rate on some bad caps in my computer power supply. It looked interesting so I decided to join.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but I already read some threads from this site. I decided to join this forum and also as a sign of my gratitude because I want to share my knowledge to everyone. Current status working as a computer technician at the same time as a network administrator. I once invited to become a programmer, it nice but my heart is in the hardware because a lot of things that are exciting and challenging. God Bless everyone.

Comment

Hi, I joined this forum so I could learn how to replace the power supply on my Philips 37PFL5322D/27. I ordered the part last night. I hope I can figure out how to remove the table top stand so I can remove the back panel. Of course Philips used some strange looking screws that I have never seen before. Thanks.

Comment

Hello everybody. Have a nice year.

I'm Pierre-Alfred (PA) from France and I'm currently interrested in tring to mend a Viewsonic VA903A.

Likely to be a caps issue ... so my "friend Google" told me : go to BadCaps.

So here I am to learn and I allready found interresting pictures.

Thanks for existing and ++ folks
            Last edited by Pac428; 02-01-2013, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Hello from TN to all the members here. My name is Pete and drive a truck for a living. I love to fix items from trucks to computers to home repairs and everything in between. Not a pro but I do pretty good. Thanks to the moderators and members for the chance to read and learn from other peoples post here. I joined to see if I can solve the problem with my Dynex DXL32-10A. It has the "Please wait screen" and just keeps looping from black screen to please wait until its turned off. So thanks again and now Im off to read post that relates to my model #.

Comment

Hello Everyone!
                I am new here and like what I hear. Sounds like you all stick to "The Facts Mamm"!
                I am in here to find help for my Samsung POS. 2008 LNT 4069Fx/faa with the cap prob.
                My expertise is ex Navy EM3 and now Automation & Controls Tech. You name it, I work to fix it. Never considered myself an electronics tech, but not novice.
                If I can help, let me know.
                If I can't, no prob calling my self ignorant!

Thanks for having a site like this!

Comment

I have fixed the caps 2 times. It made the tv work both times. After 6 mos of not being able to shut it off without unknown restart success, it has now stopped video and only gives audio. The video is different every time I turn on. I have grey screen, black screen, partial grey screen but never video now. Only audio. Samsung third party warranty guys came out yesterday. They are ordering a new pwr supply. See what happens but this sounds more serious. Help on making checks on the SIP400C board. (combo pwr sply and video)
                  Thanks

Comment

New member - Phil Schwarz, Framingham MA.
                    Software developer for Google.
                    Owner of several venerable Dell and HP machines.
                    One of the Dells is a 2004-vintage Dimension 4700 that started having bad-caps symptoms about a year ago. For a long time the BSODs and restarts were spaced far enough apart in time that I didn't suspect anything like this - but in the last couple of weeks they got frequent, and a little use of my employer's fine flagship product ;-) landed me at badcaps.net. Sure enough, opening the case, I saw two caps with a slight bulge, one near the memory slots and one near (I think) a voltage regulator, towards the upper front-of-cabinet edge of the motherboard. So I'm here to learn a bit more and decide what to do with this machine.

Comment

New Member - Terry from Fountain Hills, AZ

I am a Semiconductor Design Engineer in the Valley of the Sun (Phoenix, AZ)
                      I have two Gateway FPD2185W's.
                      One of them had the Blue Blinking Light problem around Christmas and I fixed it by replacing the CAPS on the Power Supply Board.
                      Now, about a week ago, the other on has the 2 second ON and then Black Screen problem.
                      Went to replace the CAPS on this one and found a shorted U301 and ordered the replacement N-FET and P-FET from Digikey (Thanks to this board for Replacement P/N's).
                      I see some pretty smart People posting on this board.
                      Looks like a good place for someone like me to "Hang Out"
                      Enjoy,
                      Terry

Comment

Hello All, my name is Madhatter333 (through the looking glass fan much) and I enjoy electronics repair and hobby level soldering. Feel free to message me if you'd like and always feel free to comment or ask questions of me, however if you are planning on correcting me please provide your source and please be polite. I kinda enjoy being corrected because it means I won't do the same dumb thing twice but don't be a bully about it but rather a teacher, thank you. :{

Comment

I forgot to mention I live in Clovis, Ca. which is located in Fresno County and I am 29 years of age. And though my handle is Madhatter333 my name is Drew.

Comment

Hey,

my name is Daniel and I'm new here. I come from Germany and i'm studying Electrical Engineering at TU Darmstadt.

I found this forum due to searching for help with repairing Plasma/LCD/Monitor.

Greetz

Comment

Hi All,

I'm a new user from Boston MA. Long time tinker-er that has stumbled across threads on this page numerous times. Finally decided to make an account.

Currently working on a Phillips LCD TV (42pfl7422d) with backlight issues.

Charlie

Comment

Hello
                                and I send greetings from the Czech Republic, the heart of Europe.
                                I would like to thank you for all the helpful tips that are available on this forum.
                                My English is horrible so excuse me.

Comment

Just found this site while troubleshooting a bad computer monitor. "Back in the day" I used to do electronic and mechanical assembly just before wave soldering became popular. One place I worked made transformers and power supplies. There I helped design and build a production model of a power supply from a prototype model. It's output was 5v at 100 amps, output terminals were 1/4"-20 brass bolts. It was made to power numerous 5v devices on a submarine.

Comment

Hello!

My name is Clint. Long time tinkerer/repairer/inventor. BS degrees in Physics and EE. I've been fixing TV's as a side hobby lately and thats how I've found this forum. Its Great! Lots of help already!

Thanks Much.

Comment

If I posted twice -sorry - I am still learning the buttons.

I am George near Acton, Ontario, Canada.

I stumbled into here trying to fix an LCD TV. The backlight flicks on for a half a second from OFF and then goes out. I see some relevant discussion has already taken place here. I just got started reading but thought I would say Hello in the right place. This seems like a good place to be.

I have fixed stuff all my life and expect to keep doing that.

Happy ground loops

George

Comment

Hello one and all from shaun here in the uk.....
                                        I have been interested in electrical items and there workings since i was a lad and have spent many a time tinkering with broken items (not just electrical).It gives me great satisfaction to fiddle with things and problem solve them and get them back to life.when i find the time..As most people do i was searching for a problem with a tv i recently got asked to look at by a family member and came across this site,I am sure i am going to aquire a vast knowledge here from those in the know and look forward to learning along the way,Although i am not qualified in any one area other than my job which is property maintenance i will offer help where i can...

Comment

Hello,

I live in Spain, for some time I've seen a lot of interesting info on this forum, and finally I've decided to became a member.

Thanks for having a forum like this!

Comment

Working...
                                          X