This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello. During my covid19 quarantine I’m trying to recover some old pc’s stored for a longtime. I’ve seen this forum and read some posts. That’s I’ve decided to enter for asking help and give it as much I can do it. Thanks a lot for my admittance.

Comment

Hi everybody from France.

I love repairing all sorts of devices.
      Forum are often very usefull to find some informations and I hope I will find some answers on badcaps.

Comment

Just noticed this original “introduction” forum. I find it nice to know other members better, so let's introduce myself.

My name is Martin Lippert, I am living in Munich, Germany and I have spent most of my working life in the IT industry working in different positions like customer service, training, sales support, product marking and sales.

I have started in 1980 with a company called Modular Computer Systems, which was producing 16-bit real time computer systems for use in industrial automation projects. Our main competitor was PDP11 from DEC as well as th upcomming VAX Systems.

At that time a computer with 32MB of memory - I'm not talking about cache memory size but MAIN memory - needed two 19" racks to be mounted in.

Later on I have move to start the German subsidiary of Sun Microsystems, in 1980 we were 10 people working for Sun.

I learned much about Assembler Programming Language, Fortran, Cobol, Algol, Hardware design, and I have quite much knowledge about RISC Processors, Sun Solaris and Linux operating systems.

It's fascinating for me, how Gordon Moore's Law changed the chip design over the years.

A couple of years ago, I have retired. In my excess time I am working on how to fix broken laptops and I have learned much about Windows and its internals.

Oiginally I have received a Master in Physics as well as a PhD, but I decided to work for the IT industry in various areas.

I hope too that this forum will be a success and I'll try to contribute.

Regards, Martin

Comment

Greetings I am a computer enthusiast.
          I found this site when looking for capacitors for my motherboard.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Hi, I'm NunoHPP and I look forward to benefiting from the large store of knowledge I image is to be found here. I wish I could promise to add something to said store myself, but I'm afraid that, given my ignorance, I'll be more of a user than a giver.

Stay safe!
            NunoHPP

Comment

Hello all!

Looking forward to learn more about debugging electronic boards. Long time reader of this board, looking for some help

Thank you!

Comment

Hello from NYC,

Really enjoying restoring old gear and replacing many caps

Comment

Hi @ all,

i'm interested in mcu, and homeautomation, smart home.
                  Got an used Lenovo Notebook with supervisor password set an am looking forward to get help by you awesome guys!

Greetings from Germany

Comment

Hello 2 all from the UK

Technician for 10yrs, testing,building and selling IT equipement online. Recently become part of a trade counter offering support to the general public.
                    Through this recent endevour I'm being asked to fix Item's at a component level which has forced me to learn a new skill and do alot more .

Thanks for reading my short intro.

Comment

Hi all
                      Was drawn here when my TV failed, and seeing as the country is on a lock down with COVID-19, i figured i would actually look at diagnosing it, as all the stores are closed!
                      Trained in electronics, but not been on the tools the last 20yrs......should be fun!!

Comment

I have been working in this field for about 10 years
                        I am Egyptian, and I am not good in English
                        Thus I always use the Google translator
                        My name is Roshdy

Comment

Joe from Georgia... I mostly repair old arcade PCBs, but I have a Dell XPS 13 that decided to die yesterday on me so I'm just looking for some help getting some parts I need to try and fix it for fun.

Comment

Hi all
                            Google brought me here via another site. Like seemingly many others, I have a broken TV and a soldering iron and multimeter and 20+ years experience of making things worse by tinkering with them - what can possibly go wrong?

Comment

Great to be here

Comment

Hello, I was reading the forum for a long time learning about fixing bad caps and now I need some help regarding some cap upgrade in an ATX psu secondary line to reduce ripple. Here are some photos of an upgrade made on a cheap atx power supply. Pre and after mod. Greetings to everyone and sorry for my English
                                Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I was reading the forum for a long time and now I need some help with Sharp 46x20e. I hope I can get help from one of the many talented users here.

Best regards!

Comment

Hi, I've an ICOM 751A used many years ago from me. I'd like to power it on again after 20 years but I've few problems..
                                    bye!

Comment

Hello

Comment

Greetings. New around here. Looks to be quite an active place with a lot of smart people and technical discussion.

I come across defective televisions in my line of work often, i am joining in search of technical advice, and perhaps assist others in finding hard to find replacement parts, rather than throwing old hardware away.

I have more of a computer background, Large systems such as the Dec PDP 11, IBM AS/400, and Silicon Graphics, but am slowly getting more in to the ac dc electronics side of things. I am usually dealing with older antiques CRT televisions, but I have started to work on plasma, projection , and lcd tv's now as well, due to them being dropped off at my place of work.

Comment

Good morning all
                                          new member on this site which I find is very enriching
                                          I am Ben technician in electronics TV amplifier telephony robot swimming pool computer
                                          I am trying to be versatile and above all very curious about electronics of all kinds
                                          see you soon to exchange various information !!

Comment

Working...
                                          X