Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-43W808C t-con board

Hi there. There is a KDL43W808C

Initially, the image on the screen began to disappear randomly, after a while, sometimes immediately.
    The TV at the same time reacted to the remote control, played the sound. The LED backlight worked properly at the same time.
    I was sentenced to replace the t-con board (T550HVN08.2 BD CTRL 55T23-C03). A new one was ordered at a well-known Chinese site.
    The parcel arrived in 20+ days. I replaced the t-con board. The TV turned on completely immediately without updating firmware.
    After switching off and falling asleep, it was turned on again. After 10 seconds, the TV went into emergency mode (5 flashing red, pause, 5 flashing red, etc.).
    Performed a hard reset with the buttons on the back of the TV.
    I updated firmware the TV successfully via USB flash drive to v5.457 (prev. v5.433). I thought that the problem was solved.
    But the situation with the emergency mode was repeated if you turn off the TV for a long time (when you turn on after the inscription "Sony" and the balls of the screensaver "android" (after 5-10 seconds) again 5 blinks red.
    If you make a hard reset again, then the TV will work for as long as you want before switching off and falling asleep.
    Accordingly, self-diagnostics entered me from the remote control and we see such a situation. It turns out that the t-con is defective?
    Interestingly, there was never an emergency mode with flashing red with the old t-con board.
    Thank you in advance for your help
    Attached Files

Re: Sony KDL-43W808C t-con board

To begin with, clean, wipe the contact pads on the cables between the T-con and the panel and the LVDS cable and see if they are inserted into the connectors. If it doesn't help, then transfer Eeprom and SPI flash from your old T-con board to the new one you bought.

Comment

The initial defect was main board not tcon, if you say that all tv started bad..! Android tv software sucks, and also other devices actually.. Avoid buy them...
      have you got an FRC board? .. a board between mb and tcon..
      Last edited by Davi.p; 12-24-2022, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Thx for advices.
        I cleaned, wiped the contact pads on the cable between the T-con and the panel and the LVDS cable. = No changes.

I decided swap t-con boards. There's green stripes full screen (old t-con). Disassembled t-con board once again. I removed the black thermal pad support from the back surface of the board, Assembled TV and it works with old t-con as if nothing had happened.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
          The initial defect was main board not tcon, if you say that all tv started bad..! Android tv software sucks, and also other devices actually.. Avoid buy them...
          have you got an FRC board? .. a board between mb and tcon..
          I guess there's not
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, i've noticed that the first time i have completely misread due to my poor english, no it seems to me an almost clear problem of screen panel, i don't think the silicon pad can do so bad because i see no important pads under, it seems, i think your problem could be a gate cof or a component in dispersion on the panel's board (the first, the easier)..
            Last edited by Davi.p; 12-25-2022, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X