Samsung UE50TU7000K backlights on, no picture or sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UE50TU7000K backlights on, no picture or sound

Anyone able to open this file to see what filename/filepath/directory etc.. this auto update program is looking for as its clearly not correct!

Thanks

Renamed with .txt just so I was able to attach the file.
    Attached Files

Comment

Though even without the swu_auto_flag update file the log file still appears on the usb stick so might be it cant find the destination path to store the update rather than not being able to locate the source path on the usb stick.

Comment

If i understand it correctly, if the backlights remain on then i would take that to mean the tv is fully powered up,i assume you can power off the tv using the remote or pwr button, you did say the stby light flashes when you adjust the vol, that's good, i'm almost certain you would get sound if you were to hook up the antenna and switch to a free to air channel, samsungs are generally easy to navigate just would take a bit of patience since you won't be able to see a picture.( using the remote, hit source, up, then left or right arrow, hit enter, select a known free to air channel,just punch in the ch no,wait a few secs, make sure the vol is up, repeat till you hear something) this method has worked for me a number of times
        All that just to prove the tv is fully powered and you have sound.

With that said, i think it could be a panel issue, have you checked the panel driver boards for any shorted sm caps, diodes etc..?
        Also i would revisit the tape method, especially if you manage to get sound.

My two cents....good luck.

Comment

Thanks, not convinced its booting up completely as unable to get a film to play on a usb stick. Cant test via tv channels as have no aerial.

Tv only turns off if you press and hold remote on/off button for 3 secs. Tv panel on/off button does nothing.

Not found any obvious shorts on panel boards.
          Last edited by notallbad; 12-11-2022, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X