Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: philips 65PUS6162/05 dead no sby led

https://alltransistors.com/
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

https://www.transistorfet.com/transi...N127KN3-0-T1-G

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
        sadly this links to ali ex out of stock thanks for trying

Comment

thanks will order today

Comment

update :finally mosfet MTN127 KN3 arrived fitted replacement and sadly no change in symptoms dooh!!!
            ive been trying to buy correct main board that matches the screen numbers:
            :715g-8709 MOE B00 005N
            SCREEN PANEL TPT650UA-QVN06U
            none available so i thaught i would replace the scaler ic MT5802-VGET
            but this ic is not listed anywhere
            can anyone advise where i can buy this MT ic?
            these chinese made boards have many versions,its so frustrating .
            like a needle in a haystack.
            after a lot of thaught
            just wondered if theres a way of doing a hard reset to the scaler ic ,
            as theres a 3 pin plug on main board
            this reset may bring the micro back to life ? any ideas please

Comment

if you do boot log capture we can tell how to reset with command... but if there are no log its wasting time.

Comment

i will have to learn how to do boot capture
                once i have this i will reply,
                i tried to research regarding your earlier post on:
                "stuck on half boot"
                but could not find much information on this,
                every day is a learning day

Comment

To capture the serial-output of the boot log you need a serial-adapter tool like this:
                  https://thepihut.com/products/usb-to...r-raspberry-pi
                  When you plug in this device into your computer, it shows up as a new serial-port and you can then connect to the serial-port in the computer with a terminal-emulator like Tera Term or Putty.

You then hook up the headers of the serial-adapter to the correct pins on the device under test.
                  USB GND - to - DUT GND, obviously. (black)
                  USB RX - to - DUT TX, this is how you receive data from the DUT to your terminal window. (white)
                  USB TX - to - DUT RX, this allows you to transmit typed commands into the DUT. (green)
                  The red header you can ignore, it's for powering IoT devices.

This product with the blue case appears to be the real deal from Adafruit so it should have a brand controller in it which means the Windows driver will work with it.
                  If you find some alternative that's cheaper than this one, then it's probably built on a pirated controller chip and the Windows driver will detect that and refuse to work.
                  The pirated versions still work fine in Linux, though.

You will still have to mess around a bit with the speed setting in the terminal software, if you get garbage characters or just a single garbage character then you are probably set to the wrong speed and you should try some other speeds.
                  115200 and 57600 are a couple of likely choices, and keep the other settings at "8N1", meaning "8-bit, no parity, 1 stop bit", you will find this all under "port settings" or similar in the terminal software.

Just passively catching the boot log only requires hooking up the black and the white headers (GND and RX), but it sounds from Diah that you need to type some command, that means that you need to hook up the green header too (TX).

Comment

Originally posted by Maalobs View Post
                    To capture the serial-output of the boot log you need a serial-adapter tool like this:
                    https://thepihut.com/products/usb-to...r-raspberry-pi
                    When you plug in this device into your computer, it shows up as a new serial-port and you can then connect to the serial-port in the computer with a terminal-emulator like Tera Term or Putty.

You then hook up the headers of the serial-adapter to the correct pins on the device under test.
                    USB GND - to - DUT GND, obviously. (black)
                    USB RX - to - DUT TX, this is how you receive data from the DUT to your terminal window. (white)
                    USB TX - to - DUT RX, this allows you to transmit typed commands into the DUT. (green)
                    The red header you can ignore, it's for powering IoT devices.

This product with the blue case appears to be the real deal from Adafruit so it should have a brand controller in it which means the Windows driver will work with it.
                    If you find some alternative that's cheaper than this one, then it's probably built on a pirated controller chip and the Windows driver will detect that and refuse to work.
                    The pirated versions still work fine in Linux, though.

You will still have to mess around a bit with the speed setting in the terminal software, if you get garbage characters or just a single garbage character then you are probably set to the wrong speed and you should try some other speeds.
                    115200 and 57600 are a couple of likely choices, and keep the other settings at "8N1", meaning "8-bit, no parity, 1 stop bit", you will find this all under "port settings" or similar in the terminal software.

Just passively catching the boot log only requires hooking up the black and the white headers (GND and RX), but it sounds from Diah that you need to type some command, that means that you need to hook up the green header too (TX).
                    great info
                    i will order one and give it a try

Comment

How did it go?

Comment

still trying to find a replacement main board ,before i try to follow your advice
                        there are so many variants of this main board ,
                        and of course the screen panel type must match also.
                        cant even find a source of the main processor ic or scaler ic MT5802-VGET
                        i will update as soon as i can thanks

Comment

hello ,as i cant find correct main board replacement ,i decided to try again to fix
                          I started with simple cold resistance checks to chassis
                          on the supplies from the main ,
                          all appear normal EXCEPT o/p of U706 VCCK it measures 112ohm to chassis and when connected up only has 1volt o/p
                          this (,on page 49 of manual) is CORE POWER
                          this seems low volts to me?
                          if someone could take a look at post 2 or 10 manual page 47 and 48
                          perhaps the MT5802 scaler ic needs only 1v ,but i dont think so ?
                          cant find data sheet for this processor
                          any ideas please ?

Comment

1v to power the processor core is normal (they have low voltage, but high current), the resistance of this bus is also very low, so 112 ohms is a normal resistance, sometimes even lower.

Comment

wow thanks for quick reply and clear explanation
                              good man

Comment

Have you tried flashing EEPROM 24c128?
                                Last edited by lotas; 11-10-2022, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Are you sure none of these boards will work?: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_n...=10001&_sop=15

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                                    Have you tried flashing EEPROM 24c128?
                                    if this involves flashing with usb stick ,then it wont work because the supply to the usb skt is not enabled
                                    is there any other method of flashing eeprom?

Comment

With the help of a programmer.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                        Are you sure none of these boards will work?: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_n...=10001&_sop=15
                                        first theres the board number:715G 8709 MOE B00 OO5N
                                        then theres the paper label:HA02 B90T
                                        then the second paper label:706TQHPL327 (3289)
                                        AND THE SCREEN NUMBER tpt650ua-qvn06u
                                        i have looked at many boards
                                        from the pus6162 series chassis type:TMP17.7E AA,
                                        using the smaller screen sizes
                                        and have been tempted to buy as maybee its possible in service menu to alter the screen size ? but at the moment cant find which labels have to match completely .philips technical no help at all

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                                          With the help of a programmer.
                                          i have bought a CH341A ,i can remove the eeprom and should be able to learn how to read it ..how would i know if the data is corrupt ?
                                          or should i buy a replacement eeprom

Comment

Working...
                                          X