UN70NU6900FXZA power cycle, no picture - workaround found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ggil44 View Post
    Thanks, itelite for your posts on how you brought the UN70NU6900F back to life. I unfortunately had no luck with your methods even though the remove and replace the ribbon cable during starting did work for me. I posted my efforts in the Nov 20 post in this thread using various resistors. I read somewhere that the R ribbon cable was a mirror of the L ribbon cable so I went back to trying to mask the R ribbon cable and finally got some success. Through trial and error I found that covering pins 13 – 24 on the R ribbon cable got me the best results. I can turn off and on the TV with the remote and get a picture and sound without boot loop. Unfortunately, I get the dreaded color fade from left to right in the picture now. I haven't seen any resistors on the main-board that look like good candidates to change R values with. Masking the Right Ribbon cable is the only way I have been able to bring it back to “normal”. Masking the Left Ribbon cable didn't work. If you have any ideas how I could eliminate the Color Fade from left to right on the picture, I would greatly appreciate it. I have enclosed a couple of pictures of my “progress”. Thanks again and Happy New Year to everyone.
    If you have the same model, did you try changing the same resistor, it's not clear what method you tried.

Comment

Hello nomoresonys, Thank you for responding to my post. I do have the same model and I did try changing R13246 with values up to 100K ohm (please see my post #17 dated Nov 20 on this thread). I even tried masking the area of pin Possible prob on a Gigabyte board on the L ribbon cable without any luck. I am of the persuasion that the fault for my TV lies in the Right side buffer boards rather than the left side as experienced by itelite. The only way I can get a partially working TV is by masking the R ribbon cable, not the Left ribbon cable. Regards,

Comment

I have no idea where "Possible prob on a Gigabyte board" in blue came from in my previous post!

Comment

Hello again, I did some more testing with masking off pins and was able to identify the boot loop pin on the right ribbon cable. It turns out that pin 23 is the problem and when taped over, the TV turns on normally. It does however have a degraded picture that looks like burn in. With more testing I discovered that I could uncover all other pins except 19 or 20. With 23 still covered, if I cover 19 I will get very little color fade but I get fine lines and the appearance of burn in on the right side of the tv. If I cover 20 the color fades somewhat but not as much as when I covered all 13 - 24 pins and I don't get the "burn in" appearance. I decided to go with covering Pins 23 and 20 and live with the color fade. I wish I could find a trouble component like itelite but at this time, I feel this is better than nothing.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X