Help with Sony KDL-37S5500 TV Display issue please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with Sony KDL-37S5500 TV Display issue please

AS15 analogs: AS15-G, AS15-F, TSL1014IF, SL1014I, HX8915, HX8915-A, RM5101, EC5575.

Comment

Then I guess it's a faulty chip on the card, I can't see why every video I have see view where by either the card or chip change solves the issue.

Comment

So did you check the gamma voltages on your 2 tcon cards to verify?

Comment

Hi nomoresonys

The TV is at my nan's which is 1.5 hr way from where I am so I can't do to much until I revisit again. I was asking all the questions so I am prepared for when I visit to solve all the issues.

Comment

I see, yes I would test those gamas first, they may have sent you a board with that bad chip.
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-04-2022, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Hi Everyone

I have gone back to the card supplier. They say that you have different screen T370HW03 V.B and that I got is T370HW03 V.0

I could not see any V.X

As you will see the boards versions match so I am not sure if this is true.

I attach a photo of the boards top was original one.

Any advise regarding this, welcome.
              Attached Files

Comment

It isnt clear, so WHICH of those is YOUR panel number?
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-09-2022, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Comment

Hi nomoresonys

Please find attached photo's of the numbers inside the TV panel bar the serial number which I've blocked out.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-09-2022, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-09-2022, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Check this one, notice the panel number listed matches yours, so all those boards should work: https://www.shopjimmy.com/auo-55-37t...c-t-con-board/

Comment

If you notice, both those tcons are there, so they should both work, looks like your instinct was right, seller is apparently mistaken, I would get the refund.
                            Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-09-2022, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Seller could be misinformed or they could just be trying to make it look like your fault for ordering wrong board, I think it's the right board, shop jimmy usually don't miss.

Comment

different t-con. if he refused to refund. try switch the spi flash of yours original on the replacment..

Comment

If you have changed out t-con with another and have exact same problem, logic would tell you to start focusing on other possible causes.
                                  I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Hi

Is there a way how I tell that this card is either:

T370HW03 V.B
                                    Or
                                    T370HW03 V.0

I did try another card but it did not seat as easy on the ribbon cable. It also did not solve the issue.

Also does anyone know where I can download the update for this to put on to a USB flash drive please.

I have attached the other card, but the central chip looks like it's had something on it. another used card sold as new.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

that card there is version C, see the writing on it, T37OHWO2 VC.

Comment

that board is listed as a match for your panel number.

Comment

Thank you nomoresonys

It had the same issue as the original card but I could get both sides to work as well as the other card.

So then I though do I put the old card back in and try via the USB and update if I can locate one.

Or does in need re tuning from aerial after the card install.

Else does know what other main component could cause the issue as everyone points to the card I have just replaced.

Thank you kindly once again.

Comment

Working...
                                          X