Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sharp LC70EQ10U 2 slow, 2 fast blinks

Originally posted by Diah View Post
    reduce the BL level at setting so you will have double life time of their rest time
    +1000, For sure the lower the backlight is set the longer they last, the vivid setting is an led killer.

Comment

Ok.

It looks like I'm going to have to remove the back of the set again. Yesterday, while it was still "warm" maybe, in a few tests I turned it off and on. Screen lit and all seemed good. Turned it off for an extended time, turned back on, get the full SHARP image in red - goes thru a cycle-ish thing where input source is displayed in upper right corner, then goes dark.

If I flash a light I can see all the Roku info on the screen. No flashing fault lights, turn it off then on again, no fault lights, same thing. I get sound.

Quick question. Are there screws for in the cover that complete grounding boards or the screen?

Would y'all be willing to walk me through some electrical tests at important electrical points when I have the back off and, so I'm not dumping ALL of my problems on you, is there a ED or a service chart that I can post while you guide me?

I'm still hopeful,,, very much so...

Comment

If you can grab something like this, you can test the backlights without tearing it down, several to choose from: https://www.amazon.com/KOET-Backligh...11&s=hi&sr=1-3

Comment

Good video there, just be careful what you touch there's DEADLY voltage on the hot side of the powerboard and the inverter, he's checking the voltages in the first part of the video, He is a good teacher, works at a steady pace that even beginners can grasp, he may be working on a ccfl lit tv there but the powerboard testing is pretty much the same, consider subscribing and donating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRDZ...teY5Gw&index=2
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-30-2022, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Someone here probably knows how but I couldn't figure out how to test my edgelit backlights without a tester, even after I tore it down.

Comment

Thank you! I've seen that thing in some of the videos I've watched. I'll order it as soon as it's clear that really knuckling down and going full bore in the direction of replacement or close up testing of these lights is the only next step.

Update. When I went to work on the thing this morning all I got when I plugged it in was the one slow one fast blink... So, I took the back off - and intend to leave it off until I am confident the problem is sorted,,, or not. If ever.

As suggested I've removed and cleaned all of the major clip on/in connectors the best I could. I noticed two things in this. One of the main if not the main connector(s) going from the power board to the main board was sitting just the slightest bit cockeyed in it's slot. Also, the back sides of the connectors on both the power and main boards looked a bit corroded/dirty/worn. I used DeOxIt and a qtip to clean the best I could. The never came completely clean and witness marks were very visible - the qtip did show some soiling... I did this all other connectors I found. At least unseated and reseated several times, spray on qtip where possible.

Also, found a severely kinked wire in the loom between the power and main boards. Cut out kink and soldered in a new short section of wire.

Also, using DeOxIt, I seated (screwed out then back in) all 15 to 16 small screws holding on the boards as well as the spacers that are between the board and the SET body - which I assume provides ground for the boards and their components?

Did this and some other things (just things) and plugged it back in while holding the power button on. Power light blinked maybe 25-30 times, SHARP on the screen. This completed some kind of cycle and the TV powered on and up. Full lit.

I have turned it off and on several times. I applied a small drop of super glue on the outside seamof the cockeyed power plug as it seemed to want to remain cockeyed after being squeezed together. The mating surfaces are now flush (thanks to the dab of glue). I've turned it off and on several times since and it powers up rightly and goes to Roku screen. No more flashes/blinks fault.

This thing is haunted, lol...
              Attached Files

Comment

New update.... Back to one slow one fast blink on last cycle up... What a pain!

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                  I suspect there's a problem with the mainboard, all the voltages are as expected on powerboard right?
                  I will need some help checking main board power voltages...

I have the back off the set, just need some instructions.
                  I'm all ears at this point.

It seems like alllllll lights light when they do light. When they don't, none do. When I power up the set SHARP comes up red, looks normal, then to a screen, lights on, upper RH corner says channel 2 analog if Roku is not plugged in, then it suddenly goes black. With a flashlight I can still see images IN the screen, but there is no back lighting.

The inverter,,, is it in the power board? Earlier, someone posted the fault codes for blinks. When it does go into a fault mode, I get 1 slow, 1 fast and from the chart it describes lamp or inverter issues.

Looking for some help here. Thanks much!

Comment

I'd get a backlight tester, it can take some of the guesswork out, no sense messing with that big screen if it isn't necessary, like Budm always says, taking the screen/panel off is the last thing you want to have to do.

Comment

Hey, thanks... I was going to wait but I will order it now.

I got tons of questions....really in need of baby step guidance. I hate being that kind of PITA...

If I post some photos of the different boards and areas of the back of the TV, would you be willing to point me in the direction of some of the test points etc.... Like, where do I test what the voltages that are being delivered to the main board?

I found what I believe are the 3 major leads to the LED strips. Measured to ground and got 5.5 - 5.6v on the positive side. Do those values make sense? From memory, I got nothing at the colored wires but voltage (above) at the whites...

Send me on some missions guys, I'm all yours!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I'll help if I can but I'm not too swift with backlights, some of these guys do them often, they really know what they're doing.

Comment

TV LED one day work and the other don't then work next day,, 100% are cold joint point at soldering. starting from boards until the sockets of LED strips under the screen.. and this last one i saw many at Japanese sets like panasoinc with TVs used edge LED strips.

use led tester to test them before you take screen apart.

Comment

Also, I need to ask this. Is there some upper limit of led bulbs being OUT before the set will fault out and not function. For my understanding, for "lamp failure" or "inverter" failure where and how do I begin to take readings to diagnose failure?

Is it that I will need to work directly from a diagram specifically for this set or, are there some generalized values that one can expect at some of these components for testing?

Now that I'm really showing my level of inexperience, I bet you winding what you've gotten yourself into.

And yes, I'm throwing money and PARTS at the problem. I ordered a new main board yesterday,,, expect it Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                              TV LED one day work and the other don't then work next day,, 100% are cold joint point at soldering. starting from boards until the sockets of LED strips under the screen.. and this last one i saw many at Japanese sets like panasoinc with TVs used edge LED strips.

use led tester to test them before you take screen apart.
                              Understood...

Ok, so in testing, what am I looking for. I imagine that when I apply voltage to the leads the back lights will light up. Then what. Do I need to start working my way back thru the individual circuits to see if I can discover where the "weak link" is?

Please say more

Comment

yours photo

on this socket you have 3 groups each with LED- and LED+ , when you recieve the LED tester it had also - & + so you can test each group if it lit and the currents pull out of each group = the other groups mean there are no open circuit at them. so first start with this easy way

Comment

If I'm checking for open circuit, until I get the tester, can I use my DMM in it's continuity setting and listen for the beep... And then, if I find that I have continuity at each,,, does that mean that my problem is somewhere else???

And,,, if I find an open circuit, then what? At that point am I looking at opening the TV and digging in deeper?

Comment

Originally posted by JayPoorJay View Post
                                    If I'm checking for open circuit, until I get the tester, can I use my DMM in it's continuity setting and listen for the beep... And then, if I find that I have continuity at each,,, does that mean that my problem is somewhere else???

And,,, if I find an open circuit, then what? At that point am I looking at opening the TV and digging in deeper?
                                    NO ... you cant using DMM in continuity setting and listen for the beep.

but you can put yours DMM on V.DC 200V then put the black probe (- )of the DMM on the TV chassis. and other probe on each LED+ on the socket. then turen on the TV. your eyes on the DMM what it will read high and down. you need to do it for all 3 groups same way.

Comment

Lol. I'll need three hands! Or four!

Comment

why. one finger only lol the black you can stick it to point on the metall chassis. and the red proble push it in the pin hole... then just one finger turn on and other use your eyes.

Comment

Ok. Home from work. Wire colors from the picture above.

When I turn on the tv with DMM probing red wire I get 250v as the power boots up and the screen lights thru SHARP logo. After that, when screen goes dark it settles at 164v

When I turn the TV on blue and black wires both give 236 volts as the set boots up and SHARP logo... Like the red wire, once the tv completes boot and screen goes dark it settles at 164v...

Using INPUT ONE for Roku, Roku info can be seen on black screen if a light is used. While screen is black all LED leads are at 164v - no lights on screen.

After force start the above are the values I get at the LED plug. After force start TV will power on with button, lights for sharp image and a second for an "INPUT" screen (or something) info in upper RH corner. Then it goes black. 164v values remain.

Second OCCASION...

Occasionally the screen will light and the tv will play. Rare at this point. When this happens the red wire runs at about 238v the blue at about 228 and the black at around 218v...

I'll admit - the second scenario has only happened once after multiple on and off cycles since yesterday. Today, just now, I literally tapped on the the large chip in the center of the "main board" and it booted up to fully lit screen and remains on as I type this...

Of course I'll need to receive the tester in two days for more tests BUT,,, what is what I'm describing saying to y'all out there?

Comment

Working...
                                          X