Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

as the IC I/O Pins and the pin 19 was switching P_ON so i don't think its defect...its just all the test you did before was from start give wrong result of other pins as you grounded error line. and also because BL_MUTE (R9174) was high. this belong to same reason of grounded.

Comment

need an opinion on this, if i am understanding this video correctly, then i have boards from other tvs that i thought were good but apparently have bad ic's, that is at least one of the pins showed short to the ic's ground pin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGLFW_0lnew

Comment

yours TV IC different.. only messurments of out function pins <3.V are the way to say good or bad... and this only in case the Start firmware correct and send the words to switch on the function pins..
        as much i know from your writing P-ON was okay as you have REG12V.
        TCON_ON was zero.. so you dont have TCON_12V.
        BL_ON was zero.

Comment

on this board that i just got the ic901 reads short from pin 3 gnd to pin 1 s/ocp and short from pin3 to pin 2 br. thats the way i received it because the first thing i checked was all the differences between the 2 boards, before i installed it, according to the video, i think they sold me a bad board??

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
            yours TV IC different.. only messurments of out function pins <3.V are the way to say good or bad... and this only in case the Start firmware correct and send the words to switch on the function pins..
            as much i know from your writing P-ON was okay as you have REG12V.
            TCON_ON was zero.. so you dont have TCON_12V.
            BL_ON was zero.
            Yes, if i can figure out why theres no tcon on and bl-on, then i think this puzzle for me would be solved.

Comment

ever things possible. but this TCON_ON and BL_OM come from MB
              you need to plug PCB out from MB and jumper ( p_on & Tcon_on )to stadby. see if there are T-CON_12V exist on the socket

Comment

will the test work if i plug it out from mainboard side and jumper it thru the connector? or does it need to be unplugged from powerboard side?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                  will the test work if i plug it out from mainboard side and jumper it thru the connector? or does it need to be unplugged from powerboard side?
                  both way okay... just be sure PCB as stand alone mean the other socket to LD boards should disconnected.

Comment

yes, 3.4 volts but not 12v on tcon-on pin while jumpered.
                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-23-2022, 01:47 PM.

Comment

are you sure 100%?
                      T_CON ON on PCB socket pin 24 and on the MB socket pin 7

Comment

i jumped 5 stby with 9 power on and 24 tcon on, got 3.4v at tcon on pin.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                          i jumped 5 stby with 9 power on and 24 tcon on, got 3.4v at tcon on pin.
                          look on attached... did you have problem with reading service manual ??
                          1- you need to jumper power on with STB same time you jumper STB to T-con_on

then you should have
                          pin 13,14,15,16,17,18 12V REG 12
                          pin 25,26,27,28 12V tcon_12V
                          Attached Files

Comment

had bad connection first time, all the v12s are there now.

Comment

yours PCB working... so they didnt sell to you defective one..

remove all jumpers either the one you make me crazy about the grounded BL_error and connect all sockets in place to turn on... tell what you see and what voltage you read just now you said ( all 12s are there now )

Comment

with it turned on all hooked up, the tcon 12s are .11v, the other 12s are still there and 12v. thats on the powerboard connector.

Comment

t-con 12 V = 0.11 ????? on which level your DMM

Comment

its on 20, same as it is with the other 12's on 14, 16, and 18. reading is 12 with jumpers, took them out, but with tv as normal the tcon 12's are .11, and 14, 16 and 18 are still 12 as should be, meter is ok.

Comment

now you need to pull out the cable of TCON_ON from the MB socket ( PIN 7 )
                                      be sure its if its goes to pin 24 to PCB socket. if its exact the tcon on cable just connect it with power_on pins 9 on PCB socket or pin 22 on MB socket.. then turn on see what happen BL come on or what did you have on screen or error blinking.

remember i asked you to remove the BL error grounded----- so you didn't say any blinking error or music you hear at yours post #295 and #297

Comment

24 goes back to i guess its 7, its the 4th one from left on top row of mainboard connector, no way i can see to remove the wire from connector as the top latch is covering how to get at the release, hate to cut these tiny wires, not sure if i understood the directions, the bl-error wire is as normal, NOT grounded out.

Comment

crap, should have said 4th one from right on top row.

Comment

Working...
                                          X