Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sharp LC40ELE 600E standby only faulty backlight

Sharp TV - error reset!

There are many TV Sharp models that have a memory lock on the motherboard. When the backlight or power supply fails and the TV is turned on 5 times or more, the lock will turn on.

And even if you repair the faulty nodes, the TV will not turn on. In this case, the network indicator flashes first green and then red.

Description of how to restore the TV.

1. Unplug the power cord while holding the source button (AVTV) and the volume down button.

2. Insert the plug into the socket (without releasing the buttons held before).

3. When the screen appears, release the buttons.

4. The letter K will appear on the screen. This is the factory debug mode. In this mode, there are only two levels of volume up and down: 15 and 30.

5. Press and hold V - and CH. - simultaneously. The English menu will appear.

6. Using the arrow buttons on the TV remote control, switch to the second page of the menu.

7. On the first column of the second page, click - reset to factory settings. Or, in some models, select the item "ERROR NO RESET" (error reset, the number is equal to the number of faults) .Reset errors.

8. Then unplug the power plug.

TV should turn on.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      This should work, make sure there's no status light on, on front of tv. Hold volume down and source button both keep holding hit power button, keep holding the volume- and source button til it comes on, then press volume down and channel down, screen should come on, look for lamp errors, there will probably be 5 of them.
      tried that 100 times still cant enter s mode .as mentioned earlier im waiting for 9v leds from china ,hoping when fitted i can enter s mode ,supplier confirms they are now in the uk
      i will post the results thanks to all those trying to help

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
        Sharp TV - error reset!

There are many TV Sharp models that have a memory lock on the motherboard. When the backlight or power supply fails and the TV is turned on 5 times or more, the lock will turn on.

And even if you repair the faulty nodes, the TV will not turn on. In this case, the network indicator flashes first green and then red.

Description of how to restore the TV.

1. Unplug the power cord while holding the source button (AVTV) and the volume down button.

2. Insert the plug into the socket (without releasing the buttons held before).

3. When the screen appears, release the buttons.

4. The letter K will appear on the screen. This is the factory debug mode. In this mode, there are only two levels of volume up and down: 15 and 30.

5. Press and hold V - and CH. - simultaneously. The English menu will appear.

6. Using the arrow buttons on the TV remote control, switch to the second page of the menu.

7. On the first column of the second page, click - reset to factory settings. Or, in some models, select the item "ERROR NO RESET" (error reset, the number is equal to the number of faults) .Reset errors.

8. Then unplug the power plug.

TV should turn on.
        thanks lotas
        i need to get into s mode first
        i dont give up

Comment

Strange that doesn't work, lotas has the procedure step by step, head scratcher for sure.

Comment

PROGRESS the 9v leds arrived from China .once replaced ,yes you guessed it same symptom
            and still refusing to enter s mode
            so i removed one of the original strips ,and one of the repaired ones, then fed them from b/l tester to compare volts and current drawn (on test bench)
            there was a 3v difference .
            the repaired strips were 170v
            the original were 173.2 v
            just as experiment i added one 3v led to each of the repaired strips
            and now i can enter s mode
            i have to tidy up strips and glue lenses back on and will run it for hours before refitting screen ,then im hoping i can clear the lamp error detection
            the original leds when tested in tv (not with b/l tester ) have 10v across them and the replacements have 8.9v this makes me think that the original ones are 10v not 9v .
            for the cct to work properly each strip must draw the same current ,and have same volts across .
            and its a very sensitive design that compares each of the 9 strips im now taking a break from this headscratcher .but will update final results ive just noticed one led not lit ,i will look into it and post back
            i may try to buy some 10v leds if they are available.as i dont like giving up
            Attached Files
            Last edited by jimbofz; 02-06-2022, 07:58 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

one of the replacement leds decided to go s/c
              just replaced it ,maybe ,me being an optomist ,
              i may have heated it up too much when fitting
              tv now comes in and out of sby no problem ,its now ot soak test

Comment

Damn what a sensitive tv, wonder if there's a way to adjust the sensitivity that's making it shut down, not disable of course because it's definitely needed for safety.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                  Damn what a sensitive tv, wonder if there's a way to adjust the sensitivity that's making it shut down, not disable of course because it's definitely needed for safety.
                  i trawled the net to find such a thing ,no luck
                  perhaps someone out there knows a way to desensitise the error protection
                  .i studied the cct for hours

Comment

Working...
                  X