RCA RLED6090 backlight goes affter 10 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCA RLED6090 backlight goes affter 10 minutes

change-out of a couple leds and current mod there, yes everyone knows its best to change all the leds when feasible, he has no customer returns as he explains in the comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjkHwfx7hig
    Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-13-2023, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Thanks for replying.
      If you read all the comments you will discover that backlights are not the problem. There are two strings and both the voltage and current read the same.
      Looking at a picture taken of a white screen you will see no darkening anywhere indicating that there is a shorted or burned out led.
      Also,I disconnected all the ribbons that go from T-Con to screen and the TV never turns off the back lights. So the trouble is with the T-Con or LCD panel.
      I am now running only three of the four screen connector ribbons to see if the backlight will go off.
      I might add that the connectors at both ends are very shallow and flimsy. I also noticed pins in one of the connectors that look damaged. Inserting the ribbons is difficult and do not look like they were the correct ones. Must be the cheapest supplier.

I also noticed that the voltage to the backlights cannot be measured unless the LEDs are actually plugged in. the protection circuit detects the absence and shuts them down.When they go off there is no picture either.
      Last edited by RinusB; 01-13-2023, 06:35 PM. Reason: added some things

Comment

Yes pally boy I did read all the comments, this is Anooc7's thread and that's what my post is referring to, GOT IT?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          Yes pally boy I did read all the comments, this is Anooc7's thread and that's what my post is referring to, GOT IT?
          Got it. Thanks.

Comment

After having no shutdown with the one ribbon disconnected I reconnected it to the T-Con board. Getting it to seat properly or straight for that matter indicates that the connectors are very poor. The connectors on the screen board is just as bad. I observed the spring side (under the ribbon) and saw 4 of those springs sticking out. I noticed that looking into the connector there were dark spots of the missing back springs. As I tried to push them back into place one just broke off. The missing piece of that spring was not to be found so it may have been inside the connector.
            I pushed the ribbon in and made sure it was not all the way in but had good contact. I was also making sure it was straight and not angled.
            So far the TV has been working fine for 4 hrs. I am almost affraid to move.

Comment

At least a bit of progress. Someone posted that in the service mode you cannot set the Panel Brightness as it will not save it. Well, it does save any setting for any mode as long as you are in that mode when you start the service menu.
              Menu-1-1-4-7 while the TV is on. To save that setting, turn off the TV and restart it.
              After you have set it lower you have changed the default brightness for that mode but not the back light.
              I believe that back lights are circuit design issues.
              Indeed in ECO mode my TV runs forever.

Comment

Working...
              X