Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC-90LE745U 3 slow and 1 fast Blink

Originally posted by RDC55 View Post
    "That is the procedure I'm following, pressing the Input and Volume down while plugging the AC power, the main board LED will blink, then after few seconds, I will hear the power Hum indicating it's activating the backlight, then the back light will flicker then power supply shutdown and the indication is doing the 1-1."

And you have continued to hold the volume v and input for a good 20 to 30 seconds after plugging in the set, just in case the main has to boot to a point to recognize the command.
    Yup. I will try it again tonight . Just outside

Comment

Yup. Holding the input and volume down key longer does the same thing. It looks like going to boot and display the k but it shutdown after backlight flashed.

Also took a pic of the ic underneath the power supply. Are you referring to this one?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by c00lman; 07-04-2021, 04:03 PM.

Comment

I was thinking of the entire bottom of the Power Supply, but it's pretty much a dead end trying to find any meaningful information on that LED controller so the additional picture is not going to help much for now.

Nice picture though with some really good detail.

Comment

Thanks.. that's what I'm thinking.. will put it in storage for now and hopefully I can find a working power supply to test it. since the back light seems to be working (not 100% confirmed as can't really open up and check each light hahaha).

or I might just sell it for parts.

Thank you again.

Comment

To get into service mode on some sharp models it’s not like the older ones. First plug in the power, then press volume - and input together and while holding those press the power button. Continue to hold until the tv powers on without the blink code ( should be pretty fast) when the k shows up release the power and input and press and hold channel -

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by nicholas1110 View Post
              To get into service mode on some sharp models it's not like the older ones. First plug in the power, then press volume - and input together and while holding those press the power button. Continue to hold until the tv powers on without the blink code ( should be pretty fast) when the k shows up release the power and input and press and hold channel -

Hope this helps
              do we plug in the power first then press volume - and input together? when I plug in the power, the TV goes to the 1-1 blink

i will try it again later

thank you

Comment

Hello, yes plug the tv in first. This procedure to enter service mode can be done even with the blink code

1. Plug tv in.
                2. Press and hold volume - and input buttons, while holding them, press the power button.
                3. Tv will turn on, with the letter k on the screen.
                4. Press and hold volume - and channel down.
                5. Service menu will appear, you should see lamp error in the list, set to 0 if it is anything higher.

Comment

Originally posted by nicholas1110 View Post
                  Hello, yes plug the tv in first. This procedure to enter service mode can be done even with the blink code

1. Plug tv in.
                  2. Press and hold volume - and input buttons, while holding them, press the power button.
                  3. Tv will turn on, with the letter k on the screen.
                  4. Press and hold volume - and channel down.
                  5. Service menu will appear, you should see lamp error in the list, set to 0 if it is anything higher.
                  hi, plugging the TV in goes immediately to that 1-1 blink then press and hold volume - and input buttons while pressing the power button does not do anything.. it continue to do the 1-1 blink LOL

Comment

Darn, I was hoping a firmware update along the way had made the entry into the service menu different than the service manual and that was going to work.

Logic seems to say then that the Main is not doing what it is supposed to do - ignore the fault and power up with a "K." Maybe I don't understand the process.

Where are these boards coming from, and do you trust the vendors? Didn't the first replacement have an overheating part?

This listing on Ebay is expensive, but worth every bit if it gets a 90 inch TV back in service. And, really good positive feedback at 100%.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17412849480...IAAOSwJ2td-Ow2

Comment

Yeah. Was hoping there’s a back door trick into the service menu . Order it from the US not sure if we can put the URL here lol

Unfortunately. It’s hard to get parts within canada .

It’s nice to get this baby back in service but it might cost a lot more than just to give up

Just the main board alone is around $100 + shipping + import fees etc .

Wish we have stores like that here. Lol

Comment

Not the exact one but the Power Supply schematic is likely a close match using the same backlight controller ASIC - courtesy of member lotas.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=97281
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RDC55 View Post
                          Not the exact one but the Power Supply schematic is likely a close match using the same backlight controller ASIC - courtesy of member lotas.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=97281
                          Thank you.. we'll see if I can trace something hahaha

Comment

It does solve one issue in that the STB pin on Sharp TV is associated with the backlight circuit and not a standby pin as common sense would dictate. What the acronym STB stands for is anyone's guess, but the Asian nomenclature for LED's seems to often be referred to as "beads."

Still iffy on the error signal, it would be nice to know if it could be tricked out in some way, but still not quite enough information to make a suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                            X