Samsung UN39EH5003FXZA won't stay powered off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN39EH5003FXZA won't stay powered off

Always a good feeling when you get successfully to the end of the road.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal_Hector View Post
      I consider this a total success. Thank you!
      yours confessions about the line trace was late LOL... but still good you told us and fix it.

Comment

^^^^

Comment

LOL... I know I could have easily either disappeared or lied about the repair. Or even just said, I'd used the replacement mainboard and go bored... But, I would be more ashamed if I didn't admit my mistake! I'm sure many of you can relate.

When I saw the dent on the trace, which is right next to the tuner pins, the fact that I was getting video from that tuner, made me completely assume that trace was cool. It never crossed my mind, that the trace then went under the board and ran over to the eeprom. The actual damage to the trace was camouflaged by a combination of the solder mask and what looks like a thin layer of conformal coating. There were also several days between the damage and the discovery of not being able to power-off.

I got the TV to have fun with and I had a ton of fun going through the process!

So yeah... thank you, I hope you had a good laugh (I have), and I'm looking for the next adventure... Oh, if any of you need a cheap main board for this model TV, I have one... tested to work and I haven't butchered it

Comment

Working...
          X