Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

⚠ help ⚠ // toshiba 55zv650u

Hello!

First of all, thanks in advance for all your help ~ I have huge respect for people that help others online.

Now, I've been trying to fix my TOSHIBA 55ZV650U for while but to no avail. One day, out of the blue, it simply stopped working. Looking at the circuitry, I found that one of the fusible resistors had opened (which seems to be the most common issue w/ TVs of this model from what I can see in this forum) and that caused the standby voltage to be dragged all the way down to 0 V -- anyway, I replaced the part thinking that would be the end of it but I still got no response from the TV. This was particularly weird because; now, measuring the standby voltage, I was actually getting the 5 V. Still, no sign of even the indicator light ��.

I figured that one of the capacitors was the issue and attempted removal for testing -- unfortunately, that proved impossible 'cause capacitors plus old solder don't go together very well. Anyway, I ended up ripping apart the biggest capacitors and figured I'd just replace all of them. Still, after replacement, no luck.

Also, if it helps, when connecting/disconnecting the TV from power I hear a clicking/ticking sound once.

Attached, you'll find pictures of the circuitry (w/ the components I replaced marked) and measurements of specific parts of the circuit. Plus, FYI, I followed all the instructions suggested here too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttrSsgkI5TE -- TampaTec played w/ the same model as my TV in the video.

Please, HELP!

Cheers,

Dan.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-10-2020, 03:44 AM. Reason: Added images from imgur link

Re: ⚠ help ⚠ // toshiba 55zv650u

You can add images by clicking on the "Go Advanced" button ,then "Manage Attachments"
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Can you post photo's of what is in the yellow boxes (pin labelling). There appear to be a number of fuses (encapsulated red round) and a number of white ceramic reisitors you could check out on the power supply.
      Attached Files
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
        Can you post photo's of what is in the yellow boxes (pin labelling). There appear to be a number of fuses (encapsulated red round) and a number of white ceramic reisitors you could check out on the power supply.

Hi!

Thank you for your response, @dick_barton. Attached are the images you requested.

I've tested all the ceramic resistors and they seem to be OK -- just to clarify, I replaced one of the ceramic resistors because I noticed it was opened in my initial testing. I tested all the fuses too and also heard a beep.

To clarify, I'm testing the components in this mode w/ my multi-meter (image attached). Let me know if I'm doing anything incorrectly.

Thanks,

Dan.
        Attached Files

Comment

If I read your post correctly you now have the standby voltage 5.1V?

What dc voltage do you have at standby and when you out of standby on Pins - AC_Det and Pow_TV

Your meter is set fine for checking resistance.

Comment

If I read your post correctly you now have the standby voltage 5.1V?

What dc voltage do you have at standby and when you out of standby on Pins - AC_Det and Pow_TV

Your meter is set fine for checking resistance.
            I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "when you out of standby on Pins - AC_Det and Pow_TV" do you want me to just measure the DC voltage on those pins? If so, I'm getting 0.013 V at AC_Det and 3.3 V at Pow_TV. Also, yes ~ I get 5.1 V out of the 5V1 pin.

Comment

The POW_TV voltage normaly changes. For example when the set is in standby it may be at 3.3V and then when the set is powered up out of standby it drops towards 0V.
              On some sets this is in reverse.
              Basically looking to see if that voltage changes when you press the ON button of the set or the remote contriol.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_ View Post
                Hi!

Thank you for your response, @dick_barton. Attached are the images you requested.

I've tested all the ceramic resistors and they seem to be OK -- just to clarify, I replaced one of the ceramic resistors because I noticed it was opened in my initial testing. I tested all the fuses too and also heard a beep.

To clarify, I'm testing the components in this mode w/ my multi-meter (image attached). Let me know if I'm doing anything incorrectly.

Thanks,

Dan.
                Which resistor is that? What is the value of the resistor?
                Never stop learning
                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

The POW_TV voltage normaly changes. For example when the set is in standby it may be at 3.3V and then when the set is powered up out of standby it drops towards 0V.
                  On some sets this is in reverse.
                  Basically looking to see if that voltage changes when you press the ON button of the set or the remote contriol.
                  Ooo, I see ~ "out of standby" = when I turn in on, got it! I tried turning the TV ON and Pow_TV did not change. What could be causing that?

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                    Which resistor is that? What is the value of the resistor?
                    I changed the R850 ceramic/fusible resistor ~ bought this little guy (2 Ω) to replace it: https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/d...W5J2R0E/824543

Comment

At this point I would disconnect the mainboard from the power supply and connect a 1K resistor from POW_ON pin to a ground pin, then power on and check if the other secondary voltage come up to value. Mainboard still disconnected.
                      Last edited by dick_barton; 12-11-2020, 07:50 AM.

Comment

At this point I would disconnect the mainboard from the power supply and connect a 1K resistor from POW_ON pin to a ground pin, then power on and check if the other secondary voltage come up to value. Mainboard still disconnected.
                        I built the circuit as described (image) attached but got 0 V across the resistor. Am I doing something wrong, @dick_barton?
                        Attached Files

Comment

I can't quite see the connection between the black lead and leg of the resistor.
                          Are the connections in F55 and G55.

Comment

I can't quite see the connection between the black lead and leg of the resistor.
                            Are the connections in F55 and G55.
                            Yep ~ attached is another close-up!
                            Attached Files

Comment

So if there is no voltage across the resistor then the 3.3V at the POW_ON must have been coming from the mainboard.

Change the connections so that the resistor is connected to POW_ON pin and the +5.1V pin and see if the other supplies come up.

Comment

So if there is no voltage across the resistor then the 3.3V at the POW_ON must have been coming from the mainboard.

Change the connections so that the resistor is connected to POW_ON pin and the +5.1V pin and see if the other supplies come up.
                                Sound logic. As requested, I modified the circuit and got 0.153 V across the 1 kΩ resistor. Is this what you were expecting?
                                Attached Files

Comment

The idea is to make the connection with the resistor from POW_ON to +5V with the mainboard disconnected from the power supply, power up and then use your meter to check if you have any of the other secondary supplies ie 12V and 18V etc
                                  It's not the voltage across the resistor that is of interest.
                                  Last edited by dick_barton; 12-11-2020, 01:51 PM.

Comment

The idea is to make the connection with the resistor from POW_ON to +5V with the mainboard disconnected from the power supply, power up and then use your meter to check if you have any of the other secondary supplies ie 12V and 18V etc
                                    It's not the voltage across the resistor that is of interest.
                                    Hmm, sooo... The voltage being 0.153 V across the resistor indicates there's a secondary supply? What should I do next?

Comment

No it doesn't.
                                      The resistor is used to fool the power supply into thinking that the mainboard has sent a signal (voltage) for the power supply to switch fully on.

To test the power supply you make the connection with the resistor as described above and use you meter set to volts to measure the voltage on the pins of the connector that says 12V, 18V etc.

Comment

No it doesn't.
                                        The resistor is used to fool the power supply into thinking that the mainboard has sent a signal (voltage) for the power supply to switch fully on.

To test the power supply you make the connection with the resistor as described above and use you meter set to volts to measure the voltage on the pins of the connector that says 12V, 18V etc.
                                        Ooo, I get it ~ sorry, that took me a while. It looks like I'm getting close to 0 V at all of those pins.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X