LG 55EC930V OLED - 3 Second Power No Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 55EC930V OLED - 3 Second Power No Display

Thanks freak. Did you see the photo in post 53? So yeah looking through the AVS forums confirms what you're saying. It may or may not improve. Sounds like theres a chance the banding may be caused by the 2000h comp cycle so I won't be forcing it to happen

All the best

Comment

Hi there fella,

Ive just suffered a similar failure to you.
      My disabled son was casting some youtube to the 4yr old tv (55ec930v) i was sitting next to him reading.
      When i looked up at the tv the picture was frozen but the audio was continuing. I switched the tv off at the mains, waited 5 mins, the back on, the previous image that was frozen was still on the screen but a much dirtier grainier image. Not good. Unplugged from the wall for an hour, put back on, then all I had was a dark green shadow patch in corner of the screen, the rest was black.

ive had psu issues on previous tv`s, so took back off. Tested the outuuts, the 12v rail was altiile low at 11.79v, the rest were ok. The 24vdc to the t-con was also ok.

I`ve plugged in an external portable dvd player into the av socket at the back, audio comes thro ok, no video.
      Also, I can still connect wirelessly to the tv and cast to the tv like before, again audio comes thro spot on but no video.
      I found an engineers faul flow chart pdf on web, followed the flow chart and everything on that points to the t-con.
      I thought i`d try a t-con board, as I gound one on web with the same part number,and as it was only £30. Well worth a try rather than scrapping off the tv.
      Fitted the replacement t-con, exactly the same patchy image on the corner of the screen as before.
      I think the panel has failed.

Any ideas on what I could try to get it to work.
      Maybe a letter to LG too, as from what i`ve read the panel should have a life of 30000 hours. I doubt mine has done 5000 to be honest.

Many thanks,
      Anthony.

Originally posted by Billsy View Post
      So I plugged in the usb receiver for my wireless mouse then switched on the TV and its working perfectly! Didn't need to do anything else. It's playing a movie from a memory stick as I type. Do you think the usb triggered something or has it just decided to self calibrate or something?

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyevs View Post
        Hi there fella,

Ive just suffered a similar failure to you.
        My disabled son was casting some youtube to the 4yr old tv (55ec930v) i was sitting next to him reading.
        When i looked up at the tv the picture was frozen but the audio was continuing. I switched the tv off at the mains, waited 5 mins, the back on, the previous image that was frozen was still on the screen but a much dirtier grainier image. Not good. Unplugged from the wall for an hour, put back on, then all I had was a dark green shadow patch in corner of the screen, the rest was black.

ive had psu issues on previous tv`s, so took back off. Tested the outuuts, the 12v rail was altiile low at 11.79v, the rest were ok. The 24vdc to the t-con was also ok.

I`ve plugged in an external portable dvd player into the av socket at the back, audio comes thro ok, no video.
        Also, I can still connect wirelessly to the tv and cast to the tv like before, again audio comes thro spot on but no video.
        I found an engineers faul flow chart pdf on web, followed the flow chart and everything on that points to the t-con.
        I thought i`d try a t-con board, as I gound one on web with the same part number,and as it was only £30. Well worth a try rather than scrapping off the tv.
        Fitted the replacement t-con, exactly the same patchy image on the corner of the screen as before.
        I think the panel has failed.

Any ideas on what I could try to get it to work.
        Maybe a letter to LG too, as from what i`ve read the panel should have a life of 30000 hours. I doubt mine has done 5000 to be honest.

Many thanks,
        Anthony.
        Try first send command IN_Stop to reset whole TV to factory condition... we explained here over this threat and forum too by using android device with IR sender.

Comment

Hi Diah

ok, done what you suggested, the tv did accept the in-stop command (although I couldnt see the passcode box)

With my android tablet and the lg service menu, pressed in-stop and input the 0413 code and ok and the TV gave a sound of woo hoo, and swiched off, so i know it has accepted the in-stop command.

This is the screen picture in a dark room, you can see how much light is coming thro and where on the tv screen.
          Teh sound works ok.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Diah

ok, done what you suggested, the tv did accept the in-stop command (although I couldnt see the passcode box)

With my android tablet and the lg service menu, pressed in-stop and input the 0413 code and ok and the TV gave a sound of woo hoo, and swiched off, so i know it has accepted the in-stop command.

This is the screen picture in a dark room, you can see how much light is coming thro and where on the tv screen.
            Teh sound works ok.
            put back your original T-CON driver board in place. and make IN_STOP again. after it goes to stand by. put air mouse at any USB. and put other Pin drive with media content such mpg4 file. then turn on the LG hope the driver of the screen will come back to normal... not help... try to flash firmware... i dont believe yours Panel issue when it frozen at first time of issue... its just firmware driver which this EC suffer from it.

between if IN_Stop was succeed ... when the TV turn on at first time it should show the first installation... i wounder how you got this picture you attached before.
            so please just Notice this 2 points

1- you don't need to log in service menu in order use IN_STOP... just from normal operation screen send the command.
            2- disconnect all signal sources ( Cable/ areal/Sat ) or USB drive and plug out any LAN Ethernet connection too.. we need the screen driver will not be occupied from any external signal... just the TV SET SOLO at time you send the command.

Good Luck
            Last edited by Diah; 10-14-2019, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks Diah,

I have fitted my original t-con.

The in-stop was successul as when the tv restarts, i get the woohoo chime, the a single bleep, followed by 2 short bleeps.

Of course I cannot see the commands on the screen to go the initial start and set up procedure because the screen is not functioning correctly.

I have downloaded a new firmware onto a usb pen drive, maybe a reflash of new firmware will fix it.

I did try a stic with a movie on it plus a wireless bluetooth mouse adaptor, on start up, but the same result, black screen apart from the green in top corner.

Anthony

Comment

Thanks Diah,

I have fitted my original t-con.
                I did try a stic with a movie on it plus a wireless bluetooth mouse adaptor,
                Bluetooth mouse will not help... if you don't own air mouse.. you can use any PS2 USB mouse after tun on the tv just move the mouse around and do several one right mouse taste only... this will encourage the screen driver to load..

if this don't help.. please upload good clear photo on your Main Boards.
                BTW are you sure 100% the 24 volts goes out from power board to MB or to T-Con driver are 24v and both at same level ?
                Last edited by Diah; 10-14-2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Ok,

got hold of a usb mouse.
                  Plugged in the mouse when the tv was off, turned on the tv, more light does appear at the top of the screen, the usb laser ball lights up. Waved about the mouse, right clicked and left clicked a few times, nothing changes.

In relation to the voltages,

the 24vdc to the mainboard reads at 25.21V

the 24vdc to the t-con board reads 24.01v

Thanks.

Comment

keep doing IN_Stop and the mouse trick... but this time when you send the command and the TV went to stand by plug it out from wall socket for awhile then plug mouse and turn on... keep doing this this is the only cheapest way to bring the screen back.

Tip: you can plug the tv with other TV or monitor from scard socket AV out plug to view the screen of first installing so you can out thru it

Comment

i`ll try the external monitor trick too.

Lets hope it comes back to life.

I shall report back tomorrow.

Thank you for your continued support Diah

Anthony.

Comment

Hi,

could not get any output from the scart to external device.

I`ve tried for an hour or so switching on and off with in-stop commands and with the mouse right click, the mouse does do things as sometimes i har the woohoo chime from set up, also tried a movie off a memory stick.
                        Still no better off. Maybe this panel is gone beyond repair.

any other things I could try.

Thanks

Anthony.

Comment

could not get any output from the scart to external device.any other things I could try.
                          actually viewing the picture on other set via scard it work.. dont know how you did.
                          however . from yours first post you wrote that you plugged it out for awhile then on and it displayed the last pervious frozen picture but in disrupted look.

this mean the screen didn't charged off. so we can try the following.
                          method 1 - on the main boards you have 2 micro switch. press and keep press the one on the top level left side ( when you look at the MB and the LVDS cable will be on yours left hand ) while you press plug in the tv and count for 10 seconds then release... notice what change you will get on screen as color or light.

same way do the next micro switch and report back.

method 2 - you have 4 ribbon cable goes out from T-CON driver boards to the screen. just disconnect the middle ( No 2 and 3 ) then turn on ( nothing you will see on screen and the set it may not restart ).. notice disconnect them from T-CON side. be more careful with this ribbon cable as their Silver pins may being dry and easy to break regard the heat and time of use.
                          Last edited by Diah; 10-15-2019, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Hi Diah,

Ok,

Pressed and held in the mainboard LH microswitch, plugged in the tv, it wouldnt start up. or switch on, so no screen.

Unplugged.

Pressed and held in the LH micro switch, plugged in, the tv cycled on and off 3 times, took finger off the micro switch, nothing visible on the screen.

Unplugged.

Removed the middle 2 t-com ribbon cables from the t-con board. Plugged in, nothing noticeable on the screen.

No flashes of light, nothing of any visible sign, bearing it is light in the house to see any dark dull light on the screen is hard to see, if any.

Thanks for your continued support.

Anthony.

Comment

ok after you put back the ribbon did you turn it on ? put usb mouse and the pin drive with media content and turn it on.. tell how it look..
                              write e.mail to Billsy he is in UK too and ask him to try his second Main boards.

Comment

Hi,

No change,

im resigned to the point where the panel has failed, and is unrepairable. Sad really, only 4 years old with about 5000 hours run. I will for sure consider which TV I purchase next, I love the oled picture, but spending that anount on a tv, longevity must also be a factor, and 4 years for a £2000 tv is simply not good enough.

Anthony.

Comment

Hi,

No change,

im resigned to the point where the panel has failed, and is unrepairable. Sad really, only 4 years old with about 5000 hours run. I will for sure consider which TV I purchase next, I love the oled picture, but spending that anount on a tv, longevity must also be a factor, and 4 years for a £2000 tv is simply not good enough.

Anthony.
                                  well sorry to hear that.. but i still on my thought your panel OK only if some one didn't damage it some how. i remember you wrote the issue happened while casting youtube. if the set wifi ( WLAN ) got defect or LAN too the set will have issue too it may same to yours. disconnecting WLAN module good enough and if its plugged in LAN and there are no IP address assigned to set when you log in router interface.. will lead you to some things.. always let mouse in the set to come cross the lock mode

Comment

Good morning I'm new here and come from Germany Would be great if you (her) can help me. Have a LG OLED 55EF9509 the device can not turn on unfortunately. Have the voltage measured on the motherboard and there are only 3.5v standby voltage. Is there anything I can do? Best regards

Comment

Hello,
                                      I'm a new member here but have been mulling this over for a few days and after scanning the power board I noted an C3209 transistor which I assume is an 2SC3209 near the main board connector and just wondered whether this is a transistor switch that turns something on that could have failed.
                                      English Pete.

Comment

Respected colleague,
                                        who can help in finding the error with LG OLED 55ec930v, which is talked about a lot here, but I did not come across a similar error.
                                        The TV cannot be turned on (only 3sec power no display).
                                        When I use only -power on the service remote the TV will not start every time, and when it starts, the picture is perfect for 2-3 minutes, after which it darkens and turns off.
                                        Has anyone had a similar malfunction and how did they solve it?

Comment

I have almost this same problem. I did step by step what is in this post, but i stuck in...
                                          When I turn on tv using push button on main board and leave it for 3 kicks, mainboard looks like is powered, light on logo is of, but on screen still nothing happened.
                                          When I use remote from tv to turn of, i heard click and power on again from remote i heard click and white strip on top of the screen. Then this blank, and i heard click like power is switching of.

I do future test with disconnecting black strip from main board to driver board, and tv looks like is turning on for longer time, but after 2 sec, i heard again click. (turned of)

I check voltage going to screen driver board, and i see for short period like try to power that driver with 24V but for some reason voltage is cutted of.
                                          Interesting is that when I disconnect cable from power board to driver board, that board is warm ... that is when I make again turn on with push button for 3 click's.

looks like main board is supplying signal to screen driver board.

When I try put usb with video like someone was mentioning on the post's, light on usb stick just blinks, and thats all. Nothing happening, normally usb stick should blinking when is stick readed.

All other symptoms are this same like from higher posts. Red light led on main board blinks when I try normally power on tv with remote.
                                          I am scared that I need chnge board, but question is which one I should change?

Comment

Working...
                                          X