I think i killed it Toshiba 40L1333DB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I think i killed it Toshiba 40L1333DB

Ok, unplug power cord, unplug cable from mainboard to powerboard, plug tv back in see if backlights come on.

Comment

Damn if this don't seem like a bad/weak capacitor somewhere.

Comment

While its in this no backlight state would be a good time to check the bl-on signal from the mainboard, did we find out which pin was the bl-on pin?

Comment

Recheck the voltage on the big filter capacitor/s, red lead on positive leg black lead on negative, BE CAREFUL HIGH VOLTAGE SIDE.
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-04-2019, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Try heating with a hairdryer small sections at a time on power supply hit all the capacitors, little blue ones and the bigger ones, there may be other capacitors that look rectangular too, the components starting with a C are capacitors, can also try heating small sections at a time on mainboard, see if tv starts working.
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-04-2019, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Is this your powersupply? if so here's a pretty good picture of it, for reference. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/23158490-...sfk:rk:18:pf:0

Comment

Available parts on ebay U K, the mainboard seems pretty reasonably priced. https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...1333DB&_sop=15
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-04-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Another good picture there if that's your board. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POWER-BOA....c100008.m2219

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                    Another good picture there if that's your board. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POWER-BOA....c100008.m2219
                    this listing is actually already in my watch list on ebay lol. mine is 23122636 and looks identical, im assuming they made a typo in their listing. i have also seen a couple of places online saying that 17IPS20-23123626 has been replaced / updated with 17IPS20-23158490

Comment

ok guys, i have just taken the screen apart again to double check the leds and found 2 other dead leds now, they were fine the other day when i repaired the original dead leds so im thinking maybe a power supply issue causing leds to blow.

i think its time to admit defeat. a new set of leds even from china would be £30 and a power supply at least £30 so when i can get a whole new telly for not much more than £100 it really does not make sense to spend that much on this thing.

the lad will just have to wait a bit longer for his upgrade until i get finished with my treatment and get back to work to get some spare cash

thanks for all the help & support anyway .

Comment

check freecycle .

Comment

Guess it's possible they may have sent you some faulty strips.

Comment

If it was the new ones went bad, they will probably send you a free replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                              If it was the new ones went bad, they will probably send you a free replacement.
                              they are all the original strips that i have repaired by piggy backing salvaged / working leds. and on 1 strip the connector had failed which i did a solder repair to. the the 'new' failed leds are different ones that had been fine when i tested each strip before rebuilding the screen.

Comment

ok so i can order a full new set of led strips for this (from china) for £25 so would you think it is worth the effort / wait or who thinks there might be other problems even after replacing the strips? my only fear is that so many leds have failed already (found 5 failed in total now) in this tv and i dont know if that is just age / back luck or another fault that is causing the leds to fail?

Comment

That's a good question, I read a post here yesterday that said some or all backlights are over driven and he switches out a couple components for different value ones to control it, I'll see if I can find it.

Comment

Just age/ worn out
                                    replace all with new
                                    should be fine to be honest.

Comment

You should be able to change the psu resistors to the backlight
                                      to change the current going to them.

Comment

One example but not real detailed, I'm sure there's some examples with more detail on youtube, it's not hard to do tho, just need to lower that current, evidently. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPu_BeKVONI
                                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-05-2019, 09:01 AM.

Comment

This seems to have been a problem for quite a while, makes me wonder if the people making these tvs are doing it on purpose, trying to get us to buy more tvs from them or fill up every landfill on PLANET EARTH or both?????????????????

Comment

Working...
                                          X