Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung LN40A550P3F 40" HDTV, slow to turn on

Originally posted by aaronwt6 View Post
    It appears that you have the capacitor on correctly. I offer a repair service on these and have fixed 100s of them. I have run into cases where the boards were used for so long that the original issue caused something else to fail and the end result is just an indefinitely flashing light even after swapping the cap. Not saying if that's the case or not with yours but in that instance, I've never been able to get one going again.
    Hello!
    I got hold of a LN40550A with flashing red issue. power board and caps are doing good and so are the back lights (when tested). The issue is with its main board BN94-01709k (The caps C131 and C102 were replaced with 25v 1000uF by someone)
    I replaced these caps and tv worked for a good 30 minutes and then turned off.
    Then I replaced MP2363 ic and stock smd caps, TV turned on for a little while and went back to slow red led blinking state.

all voltages of main board keep cycling with the blinking led.

Is there anything else that I can try?

Comment

If you get it to work again, do a factory reset and a firmware update/replace, sometimes the firmware gets borked up, could be from wrong voltages a power spike etc. might not be the problem but it's pretty easy to do, when set is working that is.
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-08-2020, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
        If you get it to work again, do a factory reset and a firmware update/replace, sometimes the firmware gets borked up, could be from wrong voltages a power spike etc. might not be the problem but it's pretty easy to do, when set is working that is.
        Thankyou for the reply.
        it never gave me a chance to think about updating/resetting the firmware. Is it possible that cap in the power board is culprit, that provides voltage to MP2363DN as its input voltage is flashing too.

Would it be wise to replace the main board with a universal board?

Comment

Well it's not the easiest thing to do, I would do more testing first, to try to narrow down the issue if possible.

Comment

Try cooling or heating the eeprom, see if anything changes, like if it stays on longer, then maybe it's at fault, one easy test to try.

Comment

Check or change D102 and if not enough also D100

Comment

Working...
              X