LG 50LA6205 Bad Backlight and Bad Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 50LA6205 Bad Backlight and Bad Panel

Not.. the pixel colour information it's never been blocked, the blocked signals are only the ones that selects the rows where the colour info be displayed, since theese signals are sent and repeated from one side and the other in parallel, then eliminating one it's not so catastrophic, the design on big panels are that the gate signals are at both ends left/right because traces inside the glass has a relatively high resistance, thus the lack of one tension can become in some slight defects only in some cases, for example let we think if the screen is run at high temperatures, the resistance rises and a video defect can build. Led tv are very sensible equipments that i suspect can suffer also if in a room one let go an electrical machine with a strong spike at start like a motor, or if someone are doing heavy works with motor tools by the street or like..

Comment

Hi Davi.p!

Today I changed LEDs in a LG 50LA6250. I do this often, the LC500DUE panel is very prone to LED failure. Anyways, after my job, I started back up the TV and BOOM! Horzontal lines. But these were not the same kind of lines you see when a panel is damaged. They were dynamic. I was quite surprised at first because I do surgeries of this kind at least once a week and I'm very careful when I do this.

I was ready to scrap the TV when I tried Google. I found your post and decided to give it a try. I had never done or even heard of this before! Well, after about 30 minutes I was able to find the right spot to tape on the ribbon. The picture has gone back to about 98% (one line slightly dimmer than the rest) and my customer will be very happy!

Thank you very much for the information you shared on this post. It's very appreciated and there will be one less TV at the scrapyard

Comment

Ok thanks..
        Usually it's possible to locate the pins without tries, when there are board markings..

Comment

Unfortunately it wasn't the case for me. I was able to determine which lines were data and which were drive, so I knew approximately which ones I could disable. I wish I was able to find the datasheet of the LVDS driver. I would've loved to find the exact purpose of those pins... Thanks again :-)

Comment

Tv came back again with 3 more shorted LEDs and I did a full backlight replacement with substitute strips from meihua361000 on ebay. Panel still looks good.
            Last edited by neilc6; 05-27-2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Tv broke 3 times in 6months, the repair bill would probably be more than a new tv.

Comment

Working...
              X