Bright leds LG tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bright leds LG tv

These are the led bright spots they go all across the screen except the bottom sets of leds(the only ones i did not need to fix.Basically all the ones i used thick double sided tape on have the problem.
    Attached Files

Comment

I have had this before & it was due to the lens not being centred.
      I find that when you pop them off they still have the rubber adhesive on both sides which if not cleaned up make them sit not level. It makes it easier if you clean up the 3 lens pads (level) & also on the strip so they are (flush).
      I use some fine sandpaper to level the lens pads & a Stanley knife to remove the rubber from the strip before adding heat as some of the rubber when heated expands & will make the lens sit higher.

Also check the warmth of the LED's used against the others, hard to tell from your pics but some look cool white & some warm.
      Did you use new LED diodes or from old strips?

There maybe something in the height of the strips also when you used the double sided tape but you won't know until you fix that.

Better to bench test your work with the minimum amount of screws/bezels etc before you completely reassemble & check your progress otherwise pulling these things apart again & again will drive you mad.

Comment

Just finished repairing leds on a 47" LG tv, and had to reopen it 4 times to get it right. There are a few things I did wrong:

First the height, I also used thicker tape than original, so the fixed leds would show just like yours.
        Second, centering the led...the led has to be perfectly centered to where the original one was.
        Lastly, centering the lens over the led and at the right height. What Wilderone mentions in the previous post is so true.....to make sure you center the lens and at the right height you have to have it sit in the 3 little holders on the strip, which is perfectly centered, but you also have to have it flat on the strip so that it is not at an angle. I used blue light plastic cement....doesn't harden until you apply blue light to it so you have plenty of time to adjust the lens perfectly. Oh, by the way I only saw this on my last attempt and it helped me a lot...notice that on each side of the lens, printed on the strip are 2 signs like this ( ) .....use that to get the lens perfectly aligned and you will feel it snap into those 3 little recesses (lens holders) when you press it down. If you don't have blue light adhesive, you can get Bondic in most hardware stores...here in Canada they sell it at Canadian Tire Stores.

As Wilderone suggests, don't reassemble it before testing...you can bench test it just with the acrylic diffuser installed and see the result.
        Last edited by rddube; 07-24-2018, 07:38 PM.

Comment

So Newbie, did you get this sorted out?

Comment

Working...
          X