Samsung PN50A510P3FXZA Plasma No Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PN50A510P3FXZA Plasma No Picture

That does'nt suprise me as everything seemed to check ok on the power supply
    It could be control board or possibly ysus, I'm not sure if the ysus talks back to the control board if there is a problem. but the control board does output a Vs_ON signal
    I do believe VS_ON needs to be high, in post #38 I gave a way to try it

Comment

I will try this..

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      From some other information I found on the alarm board is (I believe) a steady green led means standby voltage is there and ok. if that led was blinking, it would blink the error.

Another thing to try would be unplug cn802 and using a 1k resistor jump 5 volt standby (I believe it is JP131, check it to be sure) to Vs_on and see if that turns on the Vs.

Comment

Some PSUs do not turn on the VS if there is a no-load condition. If you are self-testing the PSU outside of the TV you should put a load on the VS pin and GND This load is a test load and is 2 100W 120Vac light bulbs in series. BTW are there any fuses on the Y-Main Bd that may be open and so even in circuit the PSU sees no-load and does not switch on?

Comment

All the fuses look to be fine, I am testing with everything in the TV using the forced logi c board operation, with the main board disconnected.

Comment

It is likely better to connect the lamps to do the test (like I mentioned before). Better than risking damage to the Y-sus

Comment

Can you show where I'd connect the lamps I've never done that, besides using one in the main power supply fuse.

Comment

Reconnect everything to their normal positions. Concentrate on getting VS and VA going before trying to do anything else because without them nothing will work not even the Logic Bd. test since you would need VS and VA for the Logic Bd. test to work and see the various screen patterns.

Comment

I believe Va is working for him it is only Vs that is not.
                  To connect the lamps Just unplug CN803 from the power supply and connect the lamps across Vs and Ground
                  You need two lamps because the voltage will be around 200vdc

Comment

1. Disconnect the PSU from the Main Bd and Y-Main Bd. so that the only connector left on the PSU is the ac connector.
                    2. Connect the two (2) 100W 120Vac light bulbs in series across the VS pin and GND on the connector that was going to the Y-Main Bd.
                    3. On the connector that was connected to the main Bd. connect the PS-ON to GND
                    4. On the same connector, connect the VS-ON to StdBy 5V using a 100 Ohm resistor
                    5. Plug in the ac
                    If the PSU is working:
                    a. The Test lights should come on bright and remain ON
                    b. The VA voltage should come up
                    c. other voltages on the connector should come up eg: 17V !3V. %V etc

I am not too sure of the pin nos. but look carefully at the connector.
                    Let me know what you have and if you can name the pins on that connector just in case I missed something.

Comment

I believe Va is working for him it is only Vs that is not.
                      To connect the lamps Just unplug CN803 from the power supply and connect the lamps across Vs and Ground
                      You need two lamps because the voltage will be around 200vdc
                      Even with the 'new' board??

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
                        Even with the 'new' board??
                        I'm just going by post #39
                        It would take 5 minutes to check the power supply board on the bench with 2 resistors and 2 lamps
                        Last edited by R_J; 06-26-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

I'm just going by post #39
                          It would take 5 minutes to check the power supply board on the bench with 2 resistors and 2 lamps
                          To do Post #39 the connector to the Main Bd MUST be removed (to prevent damaging the Main Bd.) and the connector to the Y-Main MUST be removed, and the two test-lamps connected across VS pin and GND and the resistor placed across the VS-ON pin and StdBy 5V pin then the PS-ON pin could go straight to Chassis GND and yes that will turn on the PSU.

Comment

This may be a stupid question but I remember last time I looked for a 100W incandescent light bulb I had a hard time finding one. Does it matter if it's a fluorescent or LED?
                            Last edited by kevinm34232; 06-26-2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

It can be 2 60 watt incandesent lamps in series, It is just used to put enough load to have the circuit operate and confirm the voltage comes up. thats it. and no led's ccfls etc will not work. go steal them from the bathroom

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
                                To do Post #39 the connector to the Main Bd MUST be removed (to prevent damaging the Main Bd.) and the connector to the Y-Main MUST be removed, and the two test-lamps connected across VS pin and GND and the resistor placed across the VS-ON pin and StdBy 5V pin then the PS-ON pin could go straight to Chassis GND and yes that will turn on the PSU.
                                Post #39 said that he installed the replacement board and it operated the same as the other power supply board.

Thats all so I figure it operated the same VA = ok Vs = 8 volts. so the fault is elsewere

Is there a full moon today
                                Last edited by R_J; 06-26-2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I picked up the supplies I will do this test shortly, thanks. (60W bulbs only available)

I got these 2 bulb sockets, this is how I'd wire it correct?
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by kevinm34232; 06-26-2018, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Just noticed that there is a PS_ON on both CN801 and CN802 > (where VS_ON is), yet the two PS_ON don't ohm out to each other. I have been using CN801 PS_ON to turn on PS. Any thoughts?

Comment

Yes I saw that, I would use the PS_ON on CN801 because we know it works, I would then check if you have Va, (like you had before) I would then connect the +5stby via another 1K to the Vs_no on cn802. and see if you have Vs and lights
                                        I traced both PS_ON lines and they both go to the error board.
                                        Last edited by R_J; 06-26-2018, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Welp did the test and I feel bad I didn't do this earlier, but it worked lamps light up and VS comes up to about 205-210V.

I've never had a model where the load was necessary so sorry about this, and I didn't have the materials to do the test until today..

I did try to leave the harness connected to either X or Y main individually, but it didn't work that way either..

(Both PS's are working..)
                                          Last edited by kevinm34232; 06-26-2018, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X