Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC-60LE832U

Originally posted by RickSinGA View Post
    BTW, I do have power on now but no screen activity.

When I powered it off and back on I got the long/short blink. Did the Vol-/Cha+/Pwr buttons again and got a steady power light again with no screen activity.
    You're halfway there. There is another button combo which will get you into the "k" screen menu where you can Factory Init to wipe the error counters. That's if you have a working backlight and the main itself isn't damaged beyond the counters.

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
      You're halfway there. There is another button combo which will get you into the "k" screen menu where you can Factory Init to wipe the error counters. That's if you have a working backlight and the main itself isn't damaged beyond the counters.
      The screen does light up momentarily when powered on and the HDMI/1080 shows up during that brief time then all goes black again. Does not last more than a second.

I haven't found any combination that will give me the "K" screen.

Comment

have you tried disconnecting the cables as suggested?

Comment

Originally posted by RickSinGA View Post
          The screen does light up momentarily when powered on and the HDMI/1080 shows up during that brief time then all goes black again. Does not last more than a second.

I haven't found any combination that will give me the "K" screen.
          I think it's Vol-/Chan- but could be wrong.

Comment

Do you mean disconnecting and reconnecting the flat cables going the bottom edge of the screen while the power is on Budwich?

Have not found the right combination of keys yet Mmartell.

FYI, I have noticed a faint light background on the left side of the screen that just flashes when I power on the TV along with the quickly disappearing HDMI/1080 at the top right. The glow is very faint and cannot see if the room is not completely dark.

Comment

Never disconnect or connect any cables with the power connected / on. The "cable disconnected tests" are common for all sets as it isolates potential areas of the system that maybe in trouble allowing the rest of the system to partially function potentially indicating to you what might be the issue. Read up some more on the various threads in and around your set type.

Comment

"Never disconnect or connect any cables with the power connected / on."

Kinda what I thought but wanted to be sure that wasn't something you wanted me to do.

Comment

Working...
                X