Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60PX950 No Picture, Test Pattern Ok, Main Board Failure?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60PX950 No Picture, Test Pattern Ok, Main Board Failure?!

Hello all!
    Ive researched previous threads and tested my 2010 LG 60PX950 TV... jumping between R51 an R52 on the CTRL Board...test patterns OK.

No video on turn on...TV LED acknowledges remote presses.

So guessing with these results its one of 'those' main input board failures!?

The main input board is no longer available from LG...(must have had a lot of failures I guess!)

So no boards available means we are now looking for anyone who can component fix the board...anyone had any luck ! or have any clues !?

I noticed that my wifi dongle was not powering up...it plugs into a USB port.

Anyone tried to console into the board watch it try and boot ?

Any help pointers to fix this most appreciated....must be quite a few people who are going to have this issue now and into the near future with these TV's

Ty
    Last edited by ketone; 04-09-2017, 11:49 PM.

Re: 60PX950 No Picture, Test Pattern Ok, Main Board Failure?!

Try a bga chip reflow with a heat gun on low. Or replace the main board, that is the problem.

Comment

Tried oven trick 8 minutes at 195c ... no go... is it possible to change the BGA chip? .. as the main board is no longer available.

Comment

Lead-free solder melts at around 217°C. If you actually want to reflow the chip, you need to heat way above 195°C. Anyway sounds like people had some success baking it at 195°C so it's probably not a solder issue. The chip itself may be bad, or some other component on the mainboard.
        Replacing BGA often requires a BGA station which is very expensive. Although with really small bga chips you may be able to replace them with a hot air station.
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

As a side note to this problem... it occurred the morning after attaching an old wii console to the tv using a third party component video cable. I didnt think it could be possible that the two somehow related. But! the backup TV was working fine until the old wii console was again connected...! This time the fault is different....more a solarization of the picture! which increases the longer the tv is on...this now happens on all Inputs including DTV and is seen on the menus...I assume this could be a Mainboard issue again?! I probably will start another thread for it.

The Wii displays correctly otherwise...is it possible these two TV issues be linked to a dodgy component input source of the Wii ?

I guess asking more generally can a faulty Video Source cause Damage to TV's ...Im assuming the possibility of some kind of spikes going on.

Comment

Updating this issue: As expected it was a main board fault...managed to obtain a used main input board and Voila..picture is back!

If this happens again..will look at BGA replacement..link BGA Replacement/Soldering Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8EWqWj2srg
            Last edited by ketone; 04-13-2017, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X