Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insignia NS-50L440NA14 : Vertical lines following the picture's colors

Hi,

I've bought this tv in hope for an easy fix but it seems like it is the main board (CV318H-R) that is the issue. I am wondering if anyone can help me try to figure out which part of the main board is the problem?

Thanks!

Here is a video of what it does:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atkX4NCd3Qs
    Last edited by vizi0n; 02-20-2017, 11:30 PM.

Re: Insignia NS-50L440NA14 : Vertical lines following the picture's colors

More info required.

What have you done to troubleshoot so far?

What are the conditions?

Is this right off power up?

Does it seem heat related?

Comment

I havent done much as far as troubleshooting goes. I can say that this affects the picture on all inputs, and also affects the overlay menu.

This is all the time. Wether it is a cold power up, after being warmed up, it never changes.

I tried knocking on a few chips from different boards to see if the problem would go away but it doesnt.

Comment

Off the top of my head, I don't recognize the issue. That erratic flashing, to me, would possibly indicate a capacitor flaking out. That's where I'd start hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by afourtrackmind View Post
          Off the top of my head, I don't recognize the issue. That erratic flashing, to me, would possibly indicate a capacitor flaking out. That's where I'd start hunting.
          Unfortunately there are only about 15 small caps total on this tv set, really. I have checked them and they all see physically fine (not bulged at all). They are also very small compared to other tv sets I've worked on in the past. I will try to investigate further tonight.

Comment

Looks like a panel problem to me.

Comment

This fault can be caused by a failing T-CON Bd, also

Comment

thanks for your input everyone. I will continue investigating. But I'm very skeptical about a bad panel, as the lines would not go away every few seconds, wouldn't they?

Comment

Since I can't seem to edit the original post, just for the sake of keeping information in one place, I will quietly revive this thread with the solution.

The solution was pretty easy : reseating the ribbon cables between the t-con and the panel.

Comment

Working...
                  X