Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG 37LC5DC - 'snow' for video/audio but no control of buttons/menu/etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 37LC5DC - 'snow' for video/audio but no control of buttons/menu/etc...

All voltages to my knowledge check out fine. The set comes on and I am unable to power it off with the power button.. volume control doesn't work and neither do source selections.... I only get fuzz and 'white noise' audio. I didn't know if this was something common - I have searched the forum so I apologize if I missed something... I will be replacing every primary/filter cap but something tells me this isn't the issue as the rails seem to be putting out voltage within/above spec....

Here are my readings from P201 and P202

(1)19V - 20.6
    (2)19V - 20.6
    (3) GND
    (4) GND
    (5) 6V - 6.09
    (7) GND
    (8) 3.4V - 3.46
    (9) GND
    (10) 12V - 12.8
    (11) GND

P201
    (1) 3.4V (1.94 with connector unplugged and 3.46 with it plugged in)
    (2) GND
    (3) 6V - 5.96
    (4) DIM -
    (5) GND
    (6) ST/5V - 4.97
    (7) I.B. - 1.69
    (8) ERR - .013
    (9) IC - 4.8
    (10) GND
    (11) ST/5V - 4.96
    (12) ON - 2.69
    (13) ACD - 4.21

measuring from one side of the ground plane to the ground screws is pretty consistent at .036V...

Any ideas? I feel like I'm pretty close here....

Thank you,
    A.

Re: LG 37LC5DC - 'snow' for video/audio but no control of buttons/menu/etc...

I would be checking for voltages at the regulators on main board
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Also check for voltage at cable to the buttons. There should be power there and one or more pins should change voltage when you press different buttons.

Comment

I pulled it on the bench again and the original statement about 3.4 changing states was false. The 3.4 ON pin reads 1.8V even when powered with backlights on. I did check the pinout from the power button and it changed voltage from 1.94V. All I can think of now is that a regulator somewhere on the main board is outputting the same or very close. I've also been probing transistors to see if any of them pass along the button press.

I think that once the 3.4V rail is sorted out this should be fixed. Time to check the backside of the main board I guess....

P1300 shows 3.3 high to 2.17 at KEY2 when power button is pressed. The very first cap to the right of the circuit tests as open. I hope I'm getting close... now to find a 8b 47 25J compatible cap in by parts bin....

How do I interpret this capacitor? I found B to mean +/- 0.1pF and I can guess the 25 represents voltage? Is this a 470uf @ 25V cap? Anyone??

Thanks!
        Last edited by neex; 04-08-2017, 06:25 PM. Reason: need help interpreting SMD v type capacitor coding....

Comment

Does 47nF sound right? @5% Tolerance? Not sure of the voltage though... guess I'll aim high...

Comment

nevermind - figured out the cap after testing a good one out of circuit... only problem left is no RL ON being sent from mainboard... I think I checked every regulator but might have missed one... getting very close....

Comment

If your getting voltage changes from key press you may have an eeprom problem.

Comment

that would be more interesting than I bargained for.... the key presses don't manifest any voltage fluctuation at the SMPS however.... only on the lower section of the main board by KEY2 outputs...

Comment

Key presses go through the main processor.

Comment

maybe I'll get a scope on the outputs on the processor then... thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X