Samsung LE32R88BD LCD TV – No picture or sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung LE32R88BD LCD TV – No picture or sound

Yes, unfortunately that indicates a mainboard problem which is failing to provide the backlight On signal.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

i wonder if its worth doing a eeprom reset as could be corrupt i guess theres various threads im sure ive read you can short pins 5 and 6 and it re writes back to the ic? (but not sure if a corrupt eeprom will stop just back light?) also what mainbaord is used in this set? and whats the lcd panel number (on a white sticker usually)

Comment

The label on the main board reads:
        BORDEAUX ID TV 32"
        07030B28 232952

White Sticker for panel:
        LT A320WT-L07
        0725 7G7F0G678E002
        SSCYT700B6TJ7TJ776K4005 2B

Comment

Well worth a try since there's nothing to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoW View Post
            The label on the main board reads:
            BORDEAUX ID TV 32"
            07030B28 232952

White Sticker for panel:
            LT A320WT-L07
            0725 7G7F0G678E002
            SSCYT700B6TJ7TJ776K4005 2B
            any other numbers on the mainboard? a quick google search shows nothing
            this link may help you try a eeprom reset just make sure you choose the right mainboard
            https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Un...y_EEPROM_Reset
            Try this at your own risk as i have no idea if it will make things better or worse
            Last edited by vinceroger69; 01-22-2017, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I saw that link. Will give the Eprom reset a try tomorrow.
              The main board ref is BN63-02494A , it's on that large silver cover, and I Googled it and the boards that came up look the same.

Comment

I tried the Eprom reset by connecting 5&6 of Eprom with a wire and powering up the TV for 20 secs. Then I snipped the wire and unplugged the TV. When I plugged back in, I was getting a solid red standby light, and the light at the bottom of the TV was on. I switched off and powered on again several times, on one occasion getting a brief sound. I also tried a factory reset: (Press "EXIT" button for 12 seconds (15 is better since you cannot see TV), then press "Left" and "Enter") and I also tried accessing the service menu by pressing "Info, Menu, Mute, Power", but neither worked. I'm now getting no light at the bottom of the TV and the red standby light is flashing once again.

Comment

as you have tried all possible repairs its best too try to find a replacement mainboard it was a slim chance that a reset was going to work bl on failures usually require a mainboard swap.

Comment

You can try and replace the existing EEPROM with a blank before throwing the main board.

24C256 EPROM SMD IC1803 SAMSUNG LE32R88 LE32R87 LE32R86 LE46M87 fixes Main Board
                    https://www.amazon.co.uk/SAMSUNG-LE3.../dp/B00H97PMA0

Comment

Thanks Vince and Dick. If I can get a replacement main board cheaply enough, I'll go for that rather than replacing the Eprom, as I don't trust my soldering skills. I've seen one for £20, but even though they give the say TV number it doesn't look quite the same, so I'll have to do some more searching.

Comment

have you got a picture of your mainboard and the one you have found as some boards you can too work ive looked on shopjimmy but your board dosnt seem to be listed so cant see if theres any alternative boards etc.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                          have you got a picture of your mainboard and the one you have found as some boards you can too work ive looked on shopjimmy but your board dosnt seem to be listed so cant see if theres any alternative boards etc.
                          Picture of my main board 1st image in post #1.
                          Picture of board I found here at Ebid On checking it again, I think this is a T-Con board.

Found one on Ebay here
                          Last edited by GeoW; 01-23-2017, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoW View Post
                            Picture of my main board 1st image in post #1.
                            Picture of board I found here at Ebid On checking it again, I think this is a T-Con board.
                            It is a Tcon board and not what you need to replace

Comment

yes that mainboard you have found looks the same but has 4 extra sockets fitted on the top edge and different board number etc although is listed for your tv if it was from the same panel number it may work i guess some of the other member may know if you can use another BORDEAUX board.

Comment

Main board arrived today, and after fitting and retuning, TV is now working. Thanks again Vince and Dick for your help.

By the way, the main board and mine were the same, a Bordeaux Plus BN41-00813B MP1.0. The part number I quoted previously was for an item on the main board.

Comment

Good new. Glad it worked out.

Comment

Working...
                                  X