Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung Pn64e533d2f how do I replace this fuse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Pn64e533d2f how do I replace this fuse?

This sounds like a dumb question but I can't find any totorial on how to de solder this fuse. It's a pigtail fuse that the lead goes to a cup on the pcb and I tried desoldering like normal on the reverse side but the solder didn't even seem to melt. My iron was at 750F. Has anyone de soldered one of these before?
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung Pn64e533d2f how do I replace this fuse?

the board has rivets in it for extra strength, the fuse is soldered into the middle of them.

just heat the joint from either side and pull the wire out with tweezers or pliers.
    then clean out the hole with braid or a pump.

Comment

Are you sure? I hate saying that cause I know your a vet. Here is the back of the power supply where I was trying to heat the one solder point. It's the biggest solder point I think I have seen in a tv.
      Attached Files

Comment

add your own solder as you heat it.This lead free crap is hard to melt sometimes.
        Did you buy a kit for this board? If so,there is one IC you don't want to replace.UC802 if I remember correctly....If you replace that one,you lose the 5 volt standby.
        Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

That is a relatively large thermal mass, what soldering iron are you using, and make sure you use plenty of good quality flux.

Comment

Adding some leaded solder (especially the rosin core type ie. with integrated flux) will definitely help, at least in order to improve the tip-to-join thermal transfer.

My Ersa i-Con Nano has only shown signs of trouble in multi-layer boards with large copper planes. I think even my now-retired chinese Hakko knockoff shouldn't have much issue with a single-sided board like that
            Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

Thanks everyone. I will have another go at it tonight. I'm using a legit halo fx888d soldering iron. I am using some radio shack rosin flux and my solder is rosin core solder as well. I will try to add some solder to it this time.

Comment

Would it be bad if I soldered in one of the fuse holders that you can just push the fuse into. I'm having a hard time finding one of these time delay fuses that you solder in.

Comment

I got the fuse off and replaced it and it blew immediately. I'm prettyy sure it's the mosfets that have gone bad. I got the repair kit from shopjimmy. Only problem is I don't know how to remove this thermal glue that's covering the mosfets on the heat sink. Anyone know
                  Attached Files

Comment

If you unsolder the legs cleanly you should be able to pull the mosfet out and leaving the glue on the board (or it will also pull away). Hopefully the new mosfet will push back into place but if not use a sharp blade and cut the glue away.
                    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Working...
                    X