Panasonic TGP55VT30 with 8 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TGP55VT30 with 8 blinks

This TGP55VT30 had 7 red blinks initially. After replacing the SC board, it started the 8 blinks whenever the "input" button is pushed on the remote. It momentarily displays the column of inputs and then the screen goes black and the 8 blinks begin. I have just replaced the SS1 board but it does the exact same thing. Can anyone suggest a possible solution for this problem?

Re: Panasonic TGP55VT30 with 8 blinks

Do you mean Tc-p55vt30? You actually found an sc board to replace? Wow, I hunted a long time for one. Lol.
    Anyway, the service manual says 8 blinks is the SS board or SS2 board.
    I have 1 of every board as a spare for mine.

Comment

Yes, I meant TC-P55VT30. My bad. It seems the TV kicks out (goes to the SOS8) when it flashes to a full screen display (perhaps due to insufficient power), after I press a button on the remote. Before I press the button on the remote, the TV will display a white box (about 1 foot by 2 foot) which shifts around the screen like a screen saver. I would appreciate any help that might be out there!

Comment

Try and get some images and video because what you described is the weirdest thing. There's not even a test pattern in the service menu that does that. I have had 3 sets I've seen shorted sc repaired and go 8 blink with shorted q101 on ss but they never turned on just went 8 blinks

Comment

tw2005, I will post some images and video. By the way, there is no input source connected to the tv, if that makes any difference. On power up, the tv will display the Viera banner across the bottom of the screen. Then it displays the white rectangle that jumps around the screen, until I press a button on the remote. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Please take a look at the attached photos and the video. They show what I was trying to describe. Thanks for your help!
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm thinking you have a bad a-board maybe corrupted eeprom data. I guess those inverted images are not reflections.

Could try grabbing latest firmware in hope but risk isif the tv shuts down whilst writing it'll brick it self.

I'd wait for some other opinions

Comment

The inverted Viera choices at the very bottom of the screen are not reflections (they do appear to be mirror images that are cut off). I am going to try to attach the video (it was too large a file when I tried earlier).
                The video will help explain what the TV is doing. Thanks again for your time and help.

Comment

Try this again.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I am sticking with a-board

Comment

tw2005, thanks for your help. I'll see if I can come up with an A board

Comment

Hi utee and tw2005

I have the exact same problem as utee. Originally my TC-P55GT30 (yes GT) died and I only had the 7 LED flashes when I tried to turn it on. I bought a TNPA5335 (or Y-SUS or SC) board on eBay for about $164 (included shipping from Hong Kong) and installed it. Now I get the same thing as utee does, even with the inverted images at the bottom of the scren. When I select "input" on the remote it shuts off and I get the 8 LED flashes. What is the "A board"?

Comment

I see from a different post that the A board is over near the inputs. Why would an A board failure cause the SC board to fail in the first place? And why would it not cause it to fail again? Or could a power surge have damaged both of them? I don't think we have had one as nothing else in the house has issues. We haven't had any lightning here in a long time.

Comment

Is this not a TNPA5335 (AB/BA) problem? Cant imagine that a 7 blink fault changes to a display error. SS board problem is usually the whole screen.

I mean , there are DIFFERENT Y-sus boards for example AB or BA or AH etc.

Are these replaced with same part nr?
                            I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Ps , the SC boards from Ebay/China are DIFFERENT!! Check the AB/BA/AH versions if they are the same.
                              I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Great. My original SC board was a 5335BA but the new one is 5335BG. What exactly does that mean? By way, I can get the TV to go into "Service mode" by selecting the Vol(-) on the unit and the INFO button on the remote. The display works but it looks kind of washed out. I can scroll through the service menu but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Comment

The service manual for the TC-P55GT30 says the 8 blinks is related to the SS boards.

Comment

BTW, the SC board I replaced was shorted when I measured the SC02 connector, so the board was bad.

Comment

Here is a photo of the self test page i managed to find.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure what the colors are supposed to be.

Comment

Working...
                                        X