Panasonic TC-P50GT30 7 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P50GT30 7 blinks

So I have this set that I was told when I got it that it had a horizontal line on the screen. I powered it up and found it would not turn on but blinked 7 times. I trouble shot the SC board and found it to shorted on SC2. I sent the SC,SV,SD and SS boards to PTS electronics to have them checked and repaired. They found the SC board to have multiple failures (transistors and diodes mostly)They repaired the SC board and tested all the boards together and once all were working they sent them back to me. I installed all the boards and tightened the screws securely. Made sure all tab ribbon cables were inserted properly and securely then connected all other connectors. Powered on the set. The sound worked but now there were multiple horizontal lines. Some thin some thick. Set stayed on for a few seconds and then turned off. Tried to restart, heard the relays clicking and then got the 7 blinks again. Very frustrating to say the least. Can anyone help? Is there something I am missing? Maybe the main board? I just don't know.
    Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Panasonic TC-P50GT30 7 blinks

Initial thoughts are the lines are from misaligned panels on the sd su boards. Shutdown and 7 blinks now could mean a few things. The ribbons were so badly aligned the buffers hsve shorted, the sc repair failed. You're going to have to fault find this to see if the sc is still ok first I'd think.

Comment

where were the lines on the screen ? In these spots?

You can try this test, disconnect 4 bolts, 3 connectors. Jumper Sc50 as per the image.

Turn the TV on . If it starts with no errors SC is still ok. turn it off and let sit for a few minutes.

Not sure how you're going to go testing the sd/su unless you cab get a reasonable multimeter and know how to measure resistance and /or check for shorts.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tw2005; 06-12-2016, 02:57 AM.

Comment

The lines on the screen were more in the middle. Kind of random. I sure it was probably the ribbon connections. I am very comfortable with a meter. I have a Fluke 45 and know how to use it. I checked the SC with cables disconnected and found no grounding at SC2. I'll try your test and let you know. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

I thought I was being very careful to insert the ribbons perfectly into the buffer board connectors. I can't understand why I still had the lines.

Comment

Could you have the lines because there are buffer lines down. They may have damaged your previous boards when they initially went down. Just a thought.
            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Quick test for the buffers, set diode or continuity, at Vfg plates place red probe, slide blk slowly along all pins of all output clips of both boards.

Watch for shorted or open outputs. I get readings around 0.74 on my fluke.

I just did a couple of 5336 repairs for the first time. I found open where I failed to solder the IC pins correctly.

Generally shorts when the buffer is blown.

or resistance pins 2,6,8 on the SU connector (white one) pins 6,2,1 on the SD connector could be SD42 or 41 (not 46) vfg is the gnd point.
              Last edited by tw2005; 06-12-2016, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Looks like you hit the nail on the head. I have a few gnd's on 5336 at connector SU1 and SU2. I checked my SC board at SC2 and found open. Am I to assume SC board is ok?
                Or any other way to check it for sure.

Comment

Ran the SC board test with SC 50 jumpered. Set stayed on now, but screen looked weird.
                  Thinking maybe SU is bad and SC maybe ok. Could I connect SD board and try half screen? If should I connect SD 42 and SD 46?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by dbier63; 06-12-2016, 08:16 PM. Reason: adding picture

Comment

If you have shorted outputs on the su , none on the sd , stays on with sc50 jumpered then that tells me su.

This may be a simple case of bad luck. Either find a board or in for repair. I dont think you can get them anymore

Comment

I contacted repair company. They said to ship boards to them and they will repair and test them. All under warranty.

Comment

Just wondering could I connect SD board and try to see if lower half of screen works?

Comment

Originally posted by dbier63 View Post
                          Just wondering could I connect SD board and try to see if lower half of screen works?
                          I've tried that and I could not get it to work on mine. Even went 7 blink with the SC50 jumped.

I found with a busted SU and SD in with the shorted buffer ICs removed on the upper the image went as far as the first removed buffer.
                          If they've offered to look and repair for wty, leave it be and send the lot back.

At least you're being looked after, I don't see anything to gain hooking the SD up in attempt to get half an image if the Su has already been identified as shorted.

Comment

That's what I did. I spoke on the phone to them and was assured all would be repaired and tested. They paid me to ship it back. So hopefully they can fix it. I'm pretty sure it's a bad IC on the SU board.

Comment

That's what I did. I spoke on the phone to them and was assured all would be repaired and tested. They paid me to ship it back. So hopefully they can fix it. I'm pretty sure it's a bad IC on the SU board.
                              sounds like it.

Comment

I received the SU, SD, SC boards back. They repaired the SU and tested. I was told there wasn't any problems now. They ran the boards on a live set for a few hours with no problems. When I installed them though there were many thin horizontal lines on the screen. I reset and cleaned the ribbons several times. Some cleared up some didn't but, definitely seems like a ribbon connection. Can anyone help. Thank you.

Comment

I received the SU, SD, SC boards back. They repaired the SU and tested. I was told there wasn't any problems now. They ran the boards on a live set for a few hours with no problems. When I installed them though there were many thin horizontal lines on the screen. I reset and cleaned the ribbons several times. Some cleared up some didn't but, definitely seems like a ribbon connection. Can anyone help. Thank you.
                                  It does not take much to have these mialign, you just got to put them in perfectly straight and a gently push you should feel a little wedge.

can't really help much more unless the board is still faulty.

was it just the Su that was repaired?

is it the top half or bottom half of the screen the lines are.

Comment

Lines are on both half of screen. Although when I gently push or move the ribbon sometimes the lines will change. I'll upload a pic or two.

Comment

Really annoys me with this set it is such a beautiful tv. Great picture. Minus the lines of course. lol!
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Think maybe it can be the panel itself?

Comment

Working...
                                        X