Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60PV250-UB issues

Hi all!

Trying to repair my dad's old plasma. He says it started about 3 months ago with color issues/ghosting. While watching there would be color change, etc. which grew worse over time. A couple weeks ago he says he heard a pop sound, and the tv would not turn on at all.
    I did a little research and saw references to the cold solder issue with coils on y and z boards.
    I removed both boards from the tv and resoldered on the z sus coils which appeared cracked. I did not remove old solder but added to what was there.
    I put everything back together and plugged it in. I did hear a bit of a click as soon as I powered it, and there was very little pic when I connected to a source and turned it on. I noticed black all over the screen which eventually cleared up and now there is just a very weak pic. I did not solder on the y sus, it looked pretty good.
    I'm thinking I may take it apart again and clean all the solder from the places I added, and retry it, but am not sure if there is something else I should check.

The image I'm getting are very low light and are not affected by any adjustments to the tv menus.

Any tips appreciated!

Dutch

Re: 60PV250-UB issues

Probably a failed X-SUS board, caused by the dry-joints....

Doubt much to be gained by re-soldering again if it was done ok the first time...
    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

I agree. I got a 60pv250 that had same symptoms. I resoldered the coils, took out old solder and put new in, no change.
      Sent the Xsus board in to be fixed, got it back today and got a beautiful picture.
      I'm surprised that the picture seems better than my lg 60pm6500.
      Not sure which to keep. Lol

Comment

thanks for the replies, any basic tests I can do on the x sus board with a digital mm?

Comment

Working...
        X