Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung HP-R4252 Plasma. Bad mainboard?

Puzzled by these symptoms.

This set powers on, and makes the usual system beep prompts (sound). The menus come up and seem to function.

However, when testing HDMI1 , and probably any other input, I get what you see in the picture. Flashing screens of static/color. There is also no sound output from video.

Thanks for any ideas!
    [/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung HP-R4252 Plasma. Bad mainboard?

any ideas? thanks much, as i'm not sure on this at all. repairable?

Comment

If you bypass the main board and use the test patterns on the control board(if applicable), does the fault still show?

Comment

Originally posted by happyade123 View Post
        if you bypass the main board and use the test patterns on the control board(if applicable), does the fault still show?
        + 1
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Thanks! I'm assuming by test patterns, you guys mean going into the service menu, then test patterns?

If so, it seems when I went back to the set, I couldn't do that. This time, I turn it on, and it's only the flashing random splotchy color patterns. System menus weren't working. The only sound was the on/off tone from power cycle.

I'm thinking this may be heat related, and plan on trying to turn it on later, and then hitting the menu right away. Could this be power supply related?

Comment

Forgot to add that the display is different now (or after warm up). Splotchy colorful random flashes. Looks like the "crazy TV" in a darkened room, or a "strobe" effect. Little/no picture or patterns are recognizable, and the flashing is constant.

Comment

Wanted to follow up on this to see if anyone had any other ideas. (please)

Tried plugging in the set from a cold start. This time, it was again just the splotches. The only operational sound was the chime from cycling power on and off.

I later left the room to program my universal remote. After about 1/2 hour I heard the turn off chime, as if the set had turned off on its own for lack of signal or some other reason. When I went back, the PDP was warm to the touch, but the screen completely black. Did not appear to respond to remote, but it may have been a bad program. Pushing the power button would make the turn on chime, and the round blue circle flashes 4 time, then goes dark. I could see just a few flashes of dim light from the PDP.

In doing some searches, I found a post and picture that's basically identical to what I see from a cold start. I have not been able to get any video/audio out of this set as of yet. Here is the link to that post and picture. Unfortunately, the OP never posted if it was solved or any further details.
              http://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-pl...t-flashes.html

Comment

Tom, it looks like you may have been the one to reply on the other forum Thanks for any ideas on where I should start with this one. It's really heavy, so I don't have it on the bench yet, but plan on doing that soon. I'd like to either isolate the problem and harvest the parts, or maybe fix it, if not too much money. Thanks.

Comment

Check Y buffer connections to the orange ribbons, they could be causing those lines.

Check all panel voltages like Vs Va, VSC -Vy and Ve etc....
                  TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                  http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                  PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Working...
                  X