Samsung Model NS-32L430A11 power supply board issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Model NS-32L430A11 power supply board issues

Hello, this is actually my first post. Unfortunately I'm backed up with issues that left me scratching my head but I'll start with this one. I was given a Model NS-32L430A11 LCD tv that had no backlights. I diagnosed it as a bad power supply/inverter board (LCD was working fine, just no backlight.) Instead of a new board, I ordered a kit from Shopjimmy.com that contained many of the common components that go bad in these situations. I installed everything, turned it on, and SNAP! One of the resisters that I installed shot sparks. I looked over my job and noticed that one of the power transformer points had been jumped with solder. I don't know if I did this or it was supposed to be like that, but it didn't seem right. Now, it's not doing anything. I definitely fried the new resistor but I want to fix what caused it before I install a new one. I removed the solder form the points. What do you think? Should J702 be jumped like it was? The two surrounding it were not. I'm assuming the white separating line signifies that. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung Model NS-32L430A11 power supply board issues

The jumper J702 is supposed to be there. Did you ever figure your problem out? Did Q701 and Q702 short out?

Comment

Working...
    X