PN60E550D1FXZA. Y-sus LJ92-01859A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PN60E550D1FXZA. Y-sus LJ92-01859A

Vs and va go up to 211 and 57 respectively but slowly start going back down to 0 volts. I get sound but no pic. Other thread said freeze IC. U5014 on the Y-main/sustain.
    I did and got good constant voltages and the tv turned on with proper picture. I go to order IC 3BR0665JZ to fix it but the new one does the same thing. Seller says I need to buy their full repair kit that includes 3 ceramic caps as well. So he send me a new IC and the 3 caps. I decide to replace the new IC first but screw up by having my soldering iron on to hot and leaving it on the pad to long. So the pad for the top left pin stays on my iron as I am using desoldering wick to get ride of old solder off the pad. Top right pin if you are looking at the ic from above but top left if looking on soldering side of the board.
    Any help as to how to fix this would be appreciated.
    Pics will be posted in a jiffy

Re: PN60E550D1FXZA. Y-sus LJ92-01859A

Either scrape the masking around the missing pad down to the copper and solder it to that.

Or solder a bit of wire to the leg, and connect the other end to the next part in circuit.

Comment

Hamie,
      I was hoping to go with option B but I dont know which is the next part in the circuit and for some reason I am unable to load pics. I will try loading pictures again in the next hour or so. Also I have never scraped masking around a missing pad, so if it does come to that, do you have any tips for me?

Comment

finally got the pics to upload
        Attached Files

Comment

Missing pad is NC.

Comment

That's probably why it came off so easily.
            Thanks for that. Very much appreciated. Will give an update once the set is fixed.

Comment

Thanks got the new IC in there along with the replacement capacitors and the set is up and running properly now!

Comment

did you have to scrape the masking as hamie suggested?

Comment

Originally posted by jose6326 View Post
                  did you have to scrape the masking as hamie suggested?
                  The pad the lifted went to a 'No Connection' or 'NC' pin on the IC so it was not needed.

Comment

Jose6326
                    Yeah I ended up just leaving the leg floating there.

Comment

Working...
                    X