SHARP LC-70LE857U 2 - 5 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SHARP LC-70LE857U 2 - 5 blinks

ok... thanks for the extra info. The bezel isn't "one piece" but I don't know how the joint at the corner is made. When I was doing my 70in save, I removed the whole bezel carefully... :-) If you want just do the side that seems to be the problem... you can compare the tabs (5) as to any that have an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
      ok... thanks for the extra info. The bezel isn't "one piece" but I don't know how the joint at the corner is made. When I was doing my 70in save, I removed the whole bezel carefully... :-) If you want just do the side that seems to be the problem... you can compare the tabs (5) as to any that have an issue.
      You make a good point, I'm going to remove the whole bezel so I can get a good look at the tabs. When I cut them, do I do so as shown in this video?

https://youtu.be/YZEl2BFDTd0?t=58

Or rip them? I have seen both methods so I'm not sure if it matters either way. I am going to start on the bezel now.

Comment

Which screws on this should I remove? Should I remove the bottom row as well? Any direction you can provide is appreciated.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
          I am having a hell of a time removing the bezel, I don't see what is holding the dam thing together. I removed all the screws that I can see on the sides, and there is not much play at all. I really don't see what I am missing with this thing.

Comment

OKAY! So! I figured out that all I had to do was pull the bezel DOWNWARDS and I was able to get it to separate. I did also check both sides of the tabs. As you can see in the second picture, I was able to find one tab that is hot to the touch and also appears to be singed.

My question, should I just cut that one tab or remove the whole side? Not sure if there is a particular advantage of cutting one.

Thanks!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Hardpumps2147; 04-24-2019, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Alright! SO, I found the issue, removed all tabs on that side and reassembled the bezel and everything. After everything is said and done I got it working!

woooo hoooo! I'm so shocked that it actually worked. Couldn't be happier, Thanks budwich and lessQQ for all your help!!!!!!!!!

I hope this thread can help someone else in the future!
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice job, glad you took the time to get it right, some have got in a hurry and removed the wrong side or all of them and that don't work and can't be redone, well done.

Comment

time zones are tough... worse during hockey playoffs :-)

glad you got thru it and now have a functional set. It should last for a while. the set that I worked on, is into its 4 year I think.

Comment

Working...
                  X