e701i-a3 no picture but backlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: e701i-a3 no picture but backlights

Remove the black side frame from that side of the panel there's like three or four screws in the front about three screws on the side that black frame should come off which is exposing the two driver boards on that side. You may have to remove more carefully peel away the black bezel to access these boards in access the black frame to pull it off. Once you get that off you got these two driver boards you have to carefully peel the board and the tabs off the screen completely remove them. Should provide a perfect picture after you're finished. I'm going to be posting a video on youtube of how to do this. I just perform this operation on another TV and recorded the whole thing I'm going to be posting a video on YouTube of how to do this. I just perform this operation on another TV in recorded the whole thing for anyone else in question on how to perform this task

But for now rewind back to my first post on this topic and read from beginning to end you should get the general idea as I have provided pictures along the way also
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Im sorry i miss read your post. So just to be correct i'm going to completly remove that set of drivers from the panel and disguard them correct?

Comment

Okay I have got every thing out of the way and the brown tabs are not budging from the screen I'm scared I'm going to damage the panel?

Comment

I would first power the set up and make sure you know which tab you are removing.
          Then turn it off, and gently peel upwards. They are only glued on so only slight force is necessary.
          Do one at a time and test it each time. Bars should slowly come back.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Okay got them removed much better picture but still have some vertical lines? Maybe need to clean cables again?

Comment

Let's try this again
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry I misunderstood I removed the whole side?

Comment

Those vertical lines may be a bad connection on one of the white ribbon cables going from the T CON try to reseat them agai. Also you could try cleaning those cables with some rubbing alcohol on the connections and also try a little rubbing alcohol along where you removed the driver tabs from the side of the panel. Do not do this well its powered on and let everything dry really well before powering it back up.

Yes you removed the whole side correct? Both driver boards top and bottom? If so you did it correctly
                  Last edited by freakaftr8; 11-02-2015, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rstewart View Post
                    Sorry I misunderstood I removed the whole side?
                    How many did you remove?

Comment

Vertical lines look like LVDS not seated correctly to me at least.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Again this is what you should end up with.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thats exactly what I came up with I'm going to lay it back down and clean and reset the cables. Thanks.

Comment

tom66 are you talking about the two white ribbons caming from the T-con?

Comment

Originally posted by Rstewart View Post
                              tom66 are you talking about the two white ribbons caming from the T-con?
                              Ribbons coming from the MAIN board (with HDMI inputs etc on it) to the T-CON board.
                              Also reseat ribbons from T-CON to panel...

Don't touch the glued & bonded ribbons at the top of the LCD panel or the panel dies...Only touch the ones that go into the sockets, and can be removed...

Comment

I successfully fixed mine. Removed side tabs, and it works. BUT i did encounter a moment of sheer terror as I thought I removed the wrong side. So a heads up for anyone else.

At first I used a box cutter and just sliced the ribbon cables through the middle and removed the side driver boards. My video was still distorted and I had some horizontal lines. So i thought CRAP the other side is bad too. But then i removed the driver ribbons completely from the LCD pannel, and it was fixed, so make sure you completely remove the entire ribbon cable directly from the LCD edge, not just cut it, or like I did, dont remove it from just the driver board side.

Comment

Okay guys looks like I successfully fixed mine and as it stays powered up the lines are gradually going away. Anyway it's a lot better than no picture at all. I'm going to let it run for awhile before I put it back together. Thanks everybody I'm stoked!!!!

Comment

Awesome guys I'm glad these TVs have a second life.

Lets see some pics. It looks like everybody's TV that has been saved looks great. Mine ever since I fixed it has a small black blob or I should say a darker area in the bottom center of the screen. It goes away with bright images but in dark images you can see it. I've seen this in some demo models in stores I think it's a different kind of failure of the panel I'm not sure
                                    Last edited by freakaftr8; 11-02-2015, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Great to hear!

@freak, I wouldn't be surprised if that is "mura" or uneven backlight films, it's pretty common with LCDs.

Comment

Yeah that's what I thought at first but it appears that it is definitely in the LCD panel cuz I can see some lines at the very bottom flickering along with the difference in brightness it does this all the way across the screen. I'm starting to think that maybe I miss cleaning the very bottom of the panel on the first driver. One of these days I'm probably going to pull it back apart and try cleaning and see if that fixes the problem

Comment

Hello again guys (freakaftr8 and tom66) after getting frustrated last note I decided to leave the TV alone until today. I have great news! I removed the t-con board again and cleaned it good with alcohol, everywhere possible. I dried it good with a hair dryer and reinstalled it. Now the picture is perfect with no distorted view. I want to thank you guys again for your knowledge and your help.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X