Panasonic TC-P50G25 4 Blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P50G25 4 Blinks

Okay, I have perused through several threads on this. I have also done troubleshooting with the 2010_FHD_Plasma_TV_G20_G25_Series_Troubleshooting_Handbook.

I was originally getting 10 blinks, but now it is consistently 4. I troubleshot the Vsus, P15, and Vda. Vsus and P15 look great and always show resistance of >1.5 kohms. Vda actually bounces around a bit, but shows even in the M ohms range. I thought that might be my problem.

I even ordered a new P board, but it shows the same type readings, and it did not fix the problem. So I continued the 4 blink troubleshooting in the flowchart.
    • I disconnected SC20, plugged in, powered on. Still shows 4 blinks (not 6 for SC board)
    • So then I measure voltage at Pin 9 of P7 when turning on, and it shows 3V.

So the flowchart would tell me it is the P board, but I know that is not the case. Please help or let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks!

Re: Panasonic TC-P50G25 4 Blinks

Originally posted by cdthomas23 View Post
    Okay, I have perused through several threads on this. I have also done troubleshooting with the 2010_FHD_Plasma_TV_G20_G25_Series_Troubleshooting_Handbook.

I was originally getting 10 blinks, but now it is consistently 4. I troubleshot the Vsus, P15, and Vda. Vsus and P15 look great and always show resistance of >1.5 kohms. Vda actually bounces around a bit, but shows even in the M ohms range. I thought that might be my problem.

I even ordered a new P board, but it shows the same type readings, and it did not fix the problem. So I continued the 4 blink troubleshooting in the flowchart.
    • I disconnected SC20, plugged in, powered on. Still shows 4 blinks (not 6 for SC board)
    • So then I measure voltage at Pin 9 of P7 when turning on, and it shows 3V.

So the flowchart would tell me it is the P board, but I know that is not the case. Please help or let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks!

Ok, problem is SC2 shorted(most likely). disconnect that and you should find 4 blink clears.

if you look at page 6, shows 4 blink SC is primary suspect , then P, but P board failure, rare, yet to read of one in this forum.

P26, again states SC as first choice

Unfortunately a resistance of 1k or more does not necessarily mean no short since there is 200v on that SC2. At SC2 resistance can be 300k up into megohms and even then does not guarantee SC is not faulty but a 4 blink usually means the resistance is too low on the Vsus

10blink / 4 blink just about can be sure is the SC in this model

make sure you do the Sd/Su buffer board resistance checks in that guide and report back readings. they can short out too and if they are you will blow a new SC board if gone unchecked.
    Last edited by tw2005; 08-27-2015, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
      Ok, problem is SC2 shorted(most likely). disconnect that and you should find 4 blink clears.

if you look at page 6, shows 4 blink SC is primary suspect , then P, but P board failure, rare, yet to read of one in this forum.

P26, again states SC as first choice

Unfortunately a resistance of 1k or more does not necessarily mean no short since there is 200v on that SC2. At SC2 resistance can be 300k up into megohms and even then does not guarantee SC is not faulty but a 4 blink usually means the resistance is too low on the Vsus

10blink / 4 blink just about can be sure is the SC in this model

make sure you do the Sd/Su buffer board resistance checks in that guide and report back readings. they can short out too and if they are you will blow a new SC board if gone unchecked.
      Thanks, TW. I will try removing SC2 tonight to see if blinks go away. For the Sd/Su checks, do I just need to check the steps on 43-44? I can report that back this evening as well.

Comment

Thanks, TW. I will try removing SC2 tonight to see if blinks go away. For the Sd/Su checks, do I just need to check the steps on 43-44? I can report that back this evening as well.
        Not on my normal PC, damn thing has been hit with malware. There's a section which shows resistance checks in a table and some pics of the points to check like Vfo etc. need a meter that can autorange or get to about 6 megohm.

The buffers generally survive but must be checked

On the SC Q661 always shorts if it has failed, plus a whole lot of other parts

The 4 blinks should go but it'll still error, maybe 6 or 7 blink. You just want to see a change from 4.
        Last edited by tw2005; 08-27-2015, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Not on my normal PC, damn thing has been hit with malware. There's a section which shows resistance checks in a table and some pics of the points to check like Vfo etc. need a meter that can autorange or get to about 6 megohm.

The buffers generally survive but must be checked

On the SC Q661 always shorts if it has failed, plus a whole lot of other parts

The 4 blinks should go but it'll still error, maybe 6 or 7 blink. You just want to see a change from 4.
          Thanks again. Here's what I see. My multimeter only goes to 3.999 Megaohms
          1. Unplugged SC2, power on TV, 7 blinks, so that looks promising.
          2. Followed instructions for resistance testing of SU-SD boards (P. 43-44). Removed connectors and screws.
          - TPSU15: 1.285 M ohms (lower than sheet says)
          - TPSU16: 219.4 K ohms
          - TPSU17: 3.999+ M ohms (still rising to top of range of meter, so that one is probably good)
          - TPSD26: 3.999+ M ohms (still rising to top of range of meter, so that one is probably good)
          - TPSD28: 219.8 K ohms
          - TPSD29: 1.258 M ohms (lower than sheet, but similar to TPSU15)

Should I get a new SC board or do you see other issues? Thanks.
          Last edited by cdthomas23; 08-27-2015, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks again. Here's what I see. My multimeter only goes to 3.999 Megaohms
            1. Unplugged SC2, power on TV, 7 blinks, so that looks promising.
            2. Followed instructions for resistance testing of SU-SD boards (P. 43-44). Removed connectors and screws.
            - TPSU15: 1.285 M ohms (lower than sheet says)
            - TPSU16: 219.4 K ohms
            - TPSU17: 3.999+ M ohms (still rising to top of range of meter, so that one is probably good)
            - TPSD26: 3.999+ M ohms (still rising to top of range of meter, so that one is probably good)
            - TPSD28: 219.8 K ohms
            - TPSD29: 1.258 M ohms (lower than sheet, but similar to TPSU15)

Should I get a new SC board or do you see other issues? Thanks.
            because the readings are consistent on both boards and not short or low ohms I'll say they're fine. I don't know the TP numbers but I assume the 1.285M is Vfo? whnever the buffers go, just about guarantee Vfo will be short or a few ohms. If you reversed the probes around you may get a different result closer but not the first time we've different readings depending on brand of meter.

http://www.moduslinkptstvboards.com/TXNSC1LPUU/

not as cheap as i was hoping, if you're a whiz with the soldering iron you may be able to self repair but I lost count of the people who have tried and failed but I've got these down pat now.

I think you'll have rev AF , but Rev AP would work in this TV too and AW if you can get lucky to find but lack of supply means high prices now. May no longer be available new from Panny

Moduslink are reliable though

New SC, hook everything up right and it should be a runner again
            Last edited by tw2005; 08-27-2015, 08:30 PM.

Comment

because the readings are consistent on both boards and not short or low ohms I'll say they're fine. I don't know the TP numbers but I assume the 1.285M is Vfo? whnever the buffers go, just about guarantee Vfo will be short or a few ohms. If you reversed the probes around you may get a different result closer but not the first time we've different readings depending on brand of meter.

http://www.moduslinkptstvboards.com/TXNSC1LPUU/

not as cheap as i was hoping, if you're a whiz with the soldering iron you may be able to self repair but I lost count of the people who have tried and failed but I've got these down pat now.

I think you'll have rev AF , but Rev AP would work in this TV too and AW if you can get lucky to find but lack of supply means high prices now. May no longer be available new from Panny

Moduslink are reliable though

New SC, hook everything up right and it should be a runner again
              I am not very handy with soldering, so I am not even making that an option.

Looks like that one is Out of Stock. Panasonic (through Encompass) has one for $170. I also found one (from the same place I erroneously purchased the P board) on Sears Marketplace from TVReplacementParts for $160. I will probably see if they will swap out what I got for that one and just go with it.

Anything to be aware of when hooking it up? Just make sure power is out of TV, install, and test?

Comment

I am not very handy with soldering, so I am not even making that an option.

Looks like that one is Out of Stock. Panasonic (through Encompass) has one for $170. I also found one (from the same place I erroneously purchased the P board) on Sears Marketplace from TVReplacementParts for $160. I will probably see if they will swap out what I got for that one and just go with it.

Anything to be aware of when hooking it up? Just make sure power is out of TV, install, and test?
                no, just the common sense stuff. check all cabling , make sure ALL earthing bolts are in. Mistakes i read about are either a cable is left off somewhere with all the fiddling, bolts left out of the sd/su (not good)

Trickiest part will be getting the panel ribbons in all the way and straight. often you end up with horizontal lines. If you do the lines will line up with the corresponding connector. just don't have the Tv on when re-aligning these. some have tried that and Poof shorted buffer, blown Sc.

Those boards , if they're not new but rebuilt, Modus is a cheaper option but your choice. they will repair yours and ship back.

Comment

That sears site, wonder if it's sears or like an Ebay. someone else selling it , probably used. does not tell you much at all. what's the wty?

TVReplacementparts Return Policy
                  This Marketplace seller does not have a custom return policy. The sears.com return policy will apply to this seller's products.

http://www.tvserviceparts.com/TXNSC1LPUU.html
                  Last edited by tw2005; 08-28-2015, 08:34 AM.

Comment

people are starting to wake up and sell these broken. There were 3 or 4 on Ebay but all gone, snapped up by someone who repairs them I'd say. Could get 30 bucks that way.

Don't see much point though. If they're not available new, and they are asking for the cores then they are being rebuilt in which case why not get yours rebuilt and save $60?

Comment

That sears site, wonder if it's sears or like an Ebay. someone else selling it , probably used. does not tell you much at all. what's the wty?

TVReplacementparts Return Policy
                      This Marketplace seller does not have a custom return policy. The sears.com return policy will apply to this seller's products.

http://www.tvserviceparts.com/TXNSC1LPUU.html
                      Certainly saw that myself. It seems to be a Marketplace similar to Amazaon. The P-board I bought clearly said it was New. This one, not so much. So, if I can return the P-board, I will probably just buy this one for $10 more from Encompass. They all seem to want the core back, however. Encompass even charges a core fee until you return it.

Comment

Certainly saw that myself. It seems to be a Marketplace similar to Amazaon. The P-board I bought clearly said it was New. This one, not so much. So, if I can return the P-board, I will probably just buy this one for $10 more from Encompass. They all seem to want the core back, however. Encompass even charges a core fee until you return it.
                        sounds like you have a plan. Hope it works out but once you get a good SC, should be ok. I would check Sc2 and Q661 for shorts as a quick check before you install it just in case you get a dud.

Comment

sounds like you have a plan. Hope it works out but once you get a good SC, should be ok. I would check Sc2 and Q661 for shorts as a quick check before you install it just in case you get a dud.
                          Will do. Where is Q661 located? Tried to look last night, but I did not find it. Thanks again for the help. I will follow up when I get a new board.

Comment

Will do. Where is Q661 located? Tried to look last night, but I did not find it. Thanks again for the help. I will follow up when I get a new board.
                            on a heatsink of 2 transistors near SC50 connector. Always fails when these boards go from what I see.

Comment

That did the trick. Hopefully it holds for awhile. Thanks again for all the help!

Comment

Does anyone still watch this post for questions? I'd really appreciate some help with my TV.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy-daddy View Post
                                  Does anyone still watch this post for questions? I'd really appreciate some help with my TV.
                                  all you have to do is post up the question? But based on your message to my email, 4 red light that changes to 7 when I unplug the SC board.

Would be the SC board failure. So you can serach TNPA5081 rebuild and get heaps of info or send it to PTS Moduslink or even a bunch of Ebay rebuilders or try yourself but there will be some small SMD work involved

Comment

Thanks, I didn't want to repost a question already answered.

I'll try the search and see what I can come up with. Didn't know if there was a pretty standard list of components to replace for this issue.

Comment

Ok, I am getting soooo lost. I think at this point I either just want to get a new board or send mine in to get repaired. I can do the work and replace the parts, but I simply do not have the time to do all the troubleshooting or guesswork. I've tried the Moduslink links that I've found in a few threads and all the bring me to is a glorified search engine. Can someone post specific links either to get my board repaired or where I can buy a refurbished one? Or does someone on here repair boards and I can send them my board?

Thanks.

Comment

The company is now called PTS Electronics. The link below should help:

http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/txnsc1lvuu/

Comment

Working...
                                        X