Samsung pn51d450a2dxza rapid blinking LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung pn51d450a2dxza rapid blinking LED

Hello, said tv was working fine this morning, came home this evening to find the tv will not come on. The only thing i can go by is the red LED is blinking rapidly. I can only describe the blinking would be like morse code or something, rapid with no distinct pattern. I did take the back cover off, i didnt see any bad capacitors or anything like that however i think there is a burnt spot on the board, i dont know if its burnt or not. I can upload a pic of the board if it helps!

Re: Samsung pn51d450a2dxza rapid blinking LED

Pictures needed

Comment

correction, its not a burn spot, but is there anything i can try to do before buying a new power supply? Im looking for a replacement power supply now.

edit: also, there is no clicking noise when i try to turn it on or when i plug it in the power outlet at the wall.
      Last edited by cprime; 07-18-2015, 07:51 AM.

Comment

We need pictures, don't buy a power supply. There's a very good chance it's not causing your problem.

A TV not turning on could be caused by anything... Especially a plasma.

Comment

First of all disconnect the ysus and zsus.

Plug in the TV, if it turns on then the chances are you don't have a faulty power supply.

Comment

ok, i will try this.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamie View Post
              First of all disconnect the ysus and zsus.

Plug in the TV, if it turns on then the chances are you don't have a faulty power supply.
              i unplugged both boards and now there is no blinking light at all. doesnt come on.

Comment

What boards did you unplug?
                This is why pictures are important.
                We need to see the whole assembly and the way the boards are linked up.

Comment

sorry, the pics are upside down..uploaded in a hurry!
                  Last edited by cprime; 07-18-2015, 09:42 AM.

Comment

What boards did you unplug?
                    This is why pictures are important.
                    We need to see the whole assembly and the way the boards are linked up.
                    I unplugged the y-sus and z-sus boards, the ones to the far left and right. However, after plugging them back up, i still have no blinking led. Its like the thing is just dead now.

Comment

You'll need a digital multi-meter to troubleshoot further.

Comment

I cannot see any pictures. Can you upload them using the "Manage Attachments" feature on this site - it's just below the post reply window...
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

pics
                          Attached Files

Comment

btw, this is the same tv that you guys help me fix about a year ago. i had to replace the video board.

Comment

OK. Disconnect the power connector between the main board (HDMI and other video ports) and the power board (has the mains power input) - Disconnect it on the main board side so it is still attached to the power board.

Take a wire jumper and connect the pins marked PS_ON and GND together. (Refer to the pin legend on the power or main board.) On the CONTROL board, the green board in the centre of the set, there is a little 4 pin header in a 2 x 2 square. The pins are numbered. Connect pins 3 and 4.

Then plug the TV into power. The TV should turn on and show a sequence of patterns. Do these look OK?
                              Last edited by tom66; 07-18-2015, 10:47 AM.
                              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

give me a few minutes to do this, i will report back!

Comment

ok, i didnt have a wire jumper, but i did just use a piece of copper wire (speaker wire i think) to try to connect PS_ON and GND together just by touching them together( was difficult), i used a hard drive jumper for the control board. plugged the tv in and nothing, no led just dead.

Comment

Did you jump ps on to gnd like this?

Comment

Did you jump ps on to gnd like this?

no, i didnt. thanks, let me try it again

Comment

Of course, we mean from PS ON to GND. So change the exact position as appropriate. Don't just jump two neighbouring pins
                                        Both connections need to be in place while the set is powered on. It's not enough to make the temporary connection only or the TV will turn off.

Comment

Working...
                                        X