Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG DU-42PX12X/12XC colour issue

I have an older LG DU-42PX12X/12XC.
    Yeah, I know, pony up and buy a newer model. But I have had this one for awhile, and don't want to spend the $$ unless I have to.
    I think, based on previous posts, that my problem could be those pesky solder joints on the coils, but wanted a little reassurance before I pull this thing off the wall and open her up.
    Problem: Color "posterizing", as it's been referred to on this forum. No other problems, and it has just started getting noticablly worse in the last 3 days. Not unbearable, but still like "paint by numbers" color.
    Am I right about the coils?

Re: LG DU-42PX12X/12XC colour issue

I split your post off as it's an entirely different TV.

Most likely, the fault is not the coils -- it's more likely an issue with the voltages, or panel maldischarge which requires a firmware update to the control board.

Pictures of the fault would help a lot.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Per your instructions, please see the photoa attached

I hope I did this properly.
      The one photo with the fine lines is not as true as the other. The fine lines are a result of taking the photo off an operating display. My problem is the war the color doesn't "smooth" and looks loke a poster.
      Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone have any idea on my problem after seeing the photos?

Comment

As tom said you need to take the back off and take some voltages to see if they are in spec as printed on a sticker on the panel itself.

Comment

Thanks.
            A little new to this. I did replace the one main board about 3 yrs ago, so I am no novice, I just haven't done test points on this one yet. I have the equipment though.
            My main question would really be, is a voltage adjustment (if there is any) going to take care of the problem? or another board replacement? I don't want to go through a bunch of things, and just end up needing a new TV
            Any thoughts?

Comment

Check the voltages then run the internal test patterns. I don't think this is a panel fault if that's what you're asking.

Comment

Working...
              X