LG 60PZ950 purple and green color artifacts again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PZ950 purple and green color artifacts again

My LG 60PZ950 has the same problem posted in the following thread https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=33393&page=1

Gradually it's been getting worse , whilst i try and find someone who can fix it , this morning it went a stage further....the screen now looks like a child has been let loose on it with a magic marker , the marks are not static and look like they are clearing up whilst the tv is on , i've attached 3 images a few mins apart.

Do you think this is the same fix as in the above thread or far more serious ?

Thanks in advance
    Simon
    Attached Files

Re: LG 60PZ950 purple and green color artifacts again

This will not be the same fix, unfortunately as the problem has been left for too long the Z-sustain has now failed and you will have to conduct an extensive repair, or replace the board.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Finally Got the TV off the wall and lying on the floor on top of a duvet , removed the back , taken ysus board out seen the cracks on the joints resoldered them , refitted the board (just 2 screws to hold it in place)

If anything it's now worse going to pull the ysus board out again and see if i have missed anything
      Attached Files

Comment

As I've said the Z-sustain will require repair or replacement now. When the coil soldering fails the Z-sustain is placed under much greater stress than normal; this can lead to failure.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          As I've said the Z-sustain will require repair or replacement now. When the coil soldering fails the Z-sustain is placed under much greater stress than normal; this can lead to failure.
          yeah....just got to find one....is it neccassary to replace the buffer as well?

the tv is currently face down on a duvet on the living room floor , s it ok like that for a while?

Comment

The Z-sustain doesn't use a buffer board. The extra card that connects to it to expand the connections doesn't need replacement. The Z-sustain is the one on the RIGHT of the panel, looking from behind.

You can leave the set lying down but be careful not to make my mistake and lean on it trying to reach something. CRACK went a 50" Panasonic plasma that way.

Comment

The Z-sustain doesn't use a buffer board. The extra card that connects to it to expand the connections doesn't need replacement. The Z-sustain is the one on the RIGHT of the panel, looking from behind.

You can leave the set lying down but be careful not to make my mistake and lean on it trying to reach something. CRACK went a 50" Panasonic plasma that way.
              Top right hand card , the one that can't be found any damn place lol

Comment

Update

I ordered a new card , cost me £98 and had to wait a couple of weeks.
                Fitted the new card , made sure everything was connected properly and fired up the tv.
                Black screen , tv turns on and off , the remote light works but no picture whatsoever.
                refitted card , double checked everything , turned tv back on
                Black Screen!
                playing with the remote , i could vaguely see the volume graphic appearing. after a while i got a picture but still with the black marks.
                after an hour or so the black marks seem to have been cleared but the picture is badly faded , the colors seem to be washed out
                have some pics on my phone , will post them later
                Attached Files
                Last edited by SimonEdwards; 04-11-2015, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Well, looks like a dud Z-sustain. Again. Sorry....
                  Where did you buy the part?

Comment

Well, looks like a dud Z-sustain. Again. Sorry....
                    Where did you buy the part?
                    LG parts dealer. It's brand new

Comment

http://www.4ourhouse.co.uk/

Comment

i just turned the tv back on after 1hr and the black marks are back but cleared up within a minute

Comment

Ok, if it's brand new maybe it's not bad. Just seen so many dud used parts by sellers tht don't test them. Can you check Vzbias voltage? Should be marked on the Z-sustain board.

The black marks are symptomatic of a Z-sustain fault. The Z-sustain provides biasing energy to make the plasma panel discharge properly. As the panel warms up, the required energy is reduced, so the black marks reduce. But, the fault will never clear up fully without the Z-sustain.

There is a small chance the control board is causing your problem - but that is quite a small chance.

Comment

Ok, if it's brand new maybe it's not bad. Just seen so many dud used parts by sellers tht don't test them. Can you check Vzbias voltage? Should be marked on the Z-sustain board.

The black marks are symptomatic of a Z-sustain fault. The Z-sustain provides biasing energy to make the plasma panel discharge properly. As the panel warms up, the required energy is reduced, so the black marks reduce. But, the fault will never clear up fully without the Z-sustain.

There is a small chance the control board is causing your problem - but that is quite a small chance.
                            is that the t-conn board ? i read up somewhere else about it causing similar problems on another tv but i have no idea of what it looks like or any reference to it for my tv

Comment

Whats -Vy and VSC read...?
                              TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                              http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                              PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post
                                Whats -Vy and VSC read...?
                                i have no idea what they are or how to read them lol

Comment

is the t-conn the small one in the middle ?

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...5&d=1385834586

Comment

Plasmas dont have T-Cons!

Wouldn't be the 'Control-Board' anyway.

-Vy and VSC are voltages that are derived on the Y-SUS and have test-points on that board to check....
                                    TELEFIX

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post
                                      Plasmas dont have T-Cons!

Wouldn't be the 'Control-Board' anyway.

-Vy and VSC are voltages that are derived on the Y-SUS and have test-points on that board to check....
                                      How exactly do i test them ?

Comment

Have you a multi-meter and do you know how to use it?
                                        TELEFIX

Comment

Working...
                                        X