Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is There Some Earthly Reason my Meter Can't Read Vsc and -Vy ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is There Some Earthly Reason my Meter Can't Read Vsc and -Vy ???

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
    Absolutely, just tell me what you would like me to measure.
    Let me write this up off-line first and then I will post later sometime tonight? I have to review the facts so far reported and think of a safe way to test the higher voltages.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

1) Put your RCC into 200 DCV mode.

2) Put the Greenlee into resistance mode.

3) Put the Greenlee red probe tip into the RCC Volt/ohm input jack. Put the Greenlee black probe tip into the RCC COM input jack.

See pictures as an example. Report your reading. You should get around 10.00Mohm.

4) Repeat steps 2 and 3, but for the 1000V DCV range.

5) On the pcb, there is a PTC (circled in red). Measure the resistance of it. It should be in the 1 to 1.5k ohm range. The PTC can be measured in circuit (no desoldering required).

For the next tests, do you have a variable DC power supply? If yes, set it to output 27V. If not, you can put three 9V batteries in series to get 27VDC.

6) Measure the 27V power supply with your meter set to 20VDC. Report your reading.

7) Measure the 27V power supply with your meter set to 200VDC. Report your reading. Is the reading steady and stable?

8) Measure the 27V power supply with your meter set to 1000VDC. Report your reading. Is the reading steady and stable?

For the next tests, do you have a variable DC power supply? If yes, set it to output 18V. If not, you can put two 9V batteries in series to get 18VDC.

9) Measure the 18V power supply with your meter set to 20VDC. Report your reading. Is the reading steady and stable?

10) Measure the 18V power supply with your meter set to 200VDC. Report your reading. Is the reading steady and stable?

11) Measure the 18V power supply with your meter set to 1000VDC. Report your reading. Is the reading steady and stable?

For the next tests, you will need something that has an SMPS power supply. This can be an old lcd monitor or dvd player that you may already have open. Obviously this will be high voltage so be careful.

12) Measure the large filter capacitor on the SMPS which should be around 165VDC with your meter set to 200VDC. Report your reading. Is the reading steady and stable?

12) Measure the large filter capacitor on the SMPS which should be around 165VDC with your meter set to 1000VDC. Report your reading. Is the reading steady and stable?
      Attached Files
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Ok will report back when able...

Comment

Working...
        X