Samsung LE40R88BD blue block on right hand of screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LE40R88BD blue block on right hand of screen

Hi, I have a Samsung LCD TV LE40R88BD, with a vertical block of blue on the right hand side of the screen. Probably takes up about an 8th of the screen, full height. I have a number of spare parts lying about, so have tried replacing the LVDS board and cable, but the fault persists. I don't have a correct AV board, and have found them quite difficult to come by, unless paying around £145 for a new one from Samsung.

The AV board number is bn94-01562A.

My question is, is the fault likely to be on the AV board, or the screen unit itself? Is there any way of testing the AV board? I'm not great with schematics, but am handy enough with a multimeter, if anyone has any suggestions?

Re: Samsung LE40R88BD blue block on right hand of screen

Could you show a picture of the -exact- fault?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Inevitably, put it back together and it has started flickering between blue and green. Here it is looking green.
      Attached Files

Comment

Could be a bad LCD panel to be honest; there are 8 drivers along the top of the panel. Might be worth trying a "tab shim" but they rarely last.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Just looked up the process on YouTube. Looks interesting, and worth a try, even to get a few months out of it. The guy in the video used bits of rubber - anyone with some experience of doing this have any suggestions for other usable materials?

Comment

One of the best is the rubbery "dead toad" stuff put under some plasma TV boards.

Comment

Tried it. Made a bit of a difference, in that it's sort of fuzzy now instead of a solid block. Used some thermal pads, cut to size, but they're a bit squishy, and might not be putting enough pressure on. But at least I know now it's a screen problem, and not the boards, and saved myself a few quid finding out. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X