Toshiba 42xv540u - no power at all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 42xv540u - no power at all.

I got this tv for free and trying to fix it . First of all I thank everyone on this forum as I have saved 2 tv's and gave my brother a nice 47 inch tv.

I am learning slowly but surely.

This tv has no power at all. No clicks or no lights on front LED. I thought it was very odd nothing at all or any clicks. I have posted pictures of the TV. So i checked fuses and they where fine. I said that is odd nothing at all. So i checked power coming in. .800 on my meter. I had to look at it again. I was like no way . I had it on the V~ and got .800. It should be higher. I checked the voltage coming out of wall and was higher - 120 volts. Is it possible to check AC cord not plugged in at all . Then it is just a wire so i should see 120. It has a funny round thing on it.

Here is the tv

I will take a pic of the plug soon. Anybody have manual or what to try next.
    Attached Files

Re: Toshiba 42xv540u - no power at all.

I do have 120 volts going to plug. One of my outlets was not working. I do have 120 but when i put up the fuse one end I had 80 volts. I assume that is too low to turn it on. I did uplug every other board to see if voltage came up. No voltage came up at all with everything unplugged.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mmoore5553; 09-25-2014, 08:38 PM.

Comment

No need to go further than the cord right now. If you don't have power on the end of the cord inside the set, then that's most likely the problem. As to checking it, you should remove the cord from power and check continuity with your meter on the lowest ohms scale. You should see a reading of 0 ohms for each side, measured between a plug pin and the appropriate connector pin.

The "funny round thing" is just a filter. Be careful if you make repairs to the existing cord. There is a polarity designation to the wires. The wide pin on the plug is neutral and the narrow pin is hot. Be sure that you make any repairs appropriately to amintain that polarization.

Comment

Thanks ed I did find the issue. Stupid outlet in the wall went out tonight. My luck . Now i have voltage on another plug in the wall.

Comment

I just wanted to say I could never figure out what component was bad. I did go ahead and buy a power board because none of my voltage was high enough or some straight out missing with everything unplugged. I got the new power board in and replaced it and it came right back up. 75 dollars is not too bad to have it working. Now on to my last tv i got .

Comment

Working...
          X