• Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PN51D550C1F died, won't turn on, clicking

duplicate
    Last edited by ehboy; 10-01-2014, 03:32 PM. Reason: duplicate

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      So with your NEW X-main connected, Vs is low?

Only changed Y. VSCAN on Y gives zero reading, VS rises to 0.52 up and down as tv completes clicking cycle, then dead

When unplugged, Vs rises?

Yes, it rises to 214 then dissipates to zero with Y unplugged

Sounds like your new board is bad too...

dammit

Is Ve on the Y-main?
      Ve is on X
      Is there a possibility of problems with power supply or a short, or Y buffer?

Kind thanks.

Comment

I think perhaps your original fault was X-main, never Y-main, is there any change between your old Y-main and new Y-main?
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Not exactly sure what you mean by change between old and new.

It is exactly the same model, REV, PBA, etc...And I just got a confirm from shop jimmy a minute ago that no substitutes should be used if I wished to buy a new Y main.

I just emailed the bloke that I got the Y main from, telling him it was defective...should I tell him it is ok? Is there any way to test it without it being part of the tv?

For my small brain, could you please help me understand why it would be the X main?

As always, much gratitude sir.

Comment

I mean, difference in behaviour between the two boards. Like was Vs OK before for example.
            I don't yet know if the board is good or bad...
            I think it's the X-main as the Vs is LOW whenever it is connected, right? It is shorting the Vs supply.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes when X is connected, VS only goes up to 0.52

When I disconnect X and leave Y connected, VS goes up to 214 and then slowly dissipates.

To answer your question regarding Y board behaviour, both new and old exhibit same, no changes.

Comment

Sounds more like X-main to me then.

Comment

Ok, I will go ahead and order one.

Is there any test I can do to rule out the X buffer? Or to rule anything else out?

Merci beaucoup.

Comment

The X-buffer is basically an extended connection block - extremely unlikely it is bad.

Comment

Thanks. I cannot seem to find my exact model for X anywhere on the net. Is there a particular vendor you use for new or used parts besides jimmy or ebay, etc?

As always, TYVM

Comment

Having a devil of a time sourcing a n X main for this unit. So, despite being green at this sort of thing, I am trying to ascertain if there is a short I can see/fix. I have posted a couple of pictures in the hopes that those of you with expertise might be able to spot a short/problem or suggest what my next steps might be to troubleshoot.

Is there a problem with the weld in the picture I have marked with a black arrow pointing to it? I think it may be just some blackened flux or something but perhaps it is more?

Thanks for everything.
                        Attached Files

Comment

anyone? anyone? Buehler? anyone?

Comment

Is there anyone or anyplace that can repair the X-main? I have the same bad board that needs repair. In the same boat. same TV, same board, can't order anywhere. every time I find one it is expensive or in another country that wont ship to usa.

Comment

Finally sourced an x main and it came with the x sus too, so I have that as a spare if I need it, tom66.

Shall update when it arrives.

Comment

where did you find the board? did it fix your tv? Mine did.

Comment

Finally got my board off ebay.

Installed it, powered up and WOO HOO it worked! But before I could actually SAY WOO HOO, I heard a POP and the screen went black. Clickety, clickety, clack is back.

To recap:
                                  1. It was suggested it was a Y main. Bought that and installed, no love.
                                  2. Rediagnosed as X main. Got that, and results noted above.

I have spent $100 and almost 2 months waiting for parts to get this unit fixed. Needless to say, I am fairly disheartened.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Or free boards?

Comment

What board went pop?
                                    All connectors seated fully?
                                    How long did it last - seconds - minutes - hours?
                                    All screws installed? (very important!)

Comment

Well, I wasn't looking at the board, as I was looking at the miraculous picture on the screen, but the sound came from the x main side.

Connectors all seated as are screws.

The screen was on for maybe 5 or 10 seconds.

On the bright side, the ebay seller fully refunded my part and shipping.

Comment

It's possible that the board you got was defective. The fact that you saw a picture is encouraging.

Comment

450 and 550 have major xmain issues. Did you update your firmware prior to you old one going out?

Once you get it up and running make sure if you have not done so, UPDATE that firmware to the latest. Supposedly it supposed to help with some flaw that caused extra voltage to be sent or something along those lines not sure but seems that people have reported doing the update after a xmain repair and their panels have been going strong ever since.

Comment

Working...
                                          X