X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung plasma pn50B550t2f wont turn on

made a little drawing
    Attached Files
    Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ryckmav View Post
      I took a chance and order a new (used) board for 56$ all included.

got this on weebay (not allowed to post commercial link here;I think) and that dude sold 25 so far,I should have it in 2 weeks from now,I'll
      let you know then when I get it.

and keep this way; commercial link are NOT allowed;if so we'll get bozo in here and them dude have dif agenda and helping us "is NOT" part of it.

Comment

plz report back in 2 weeks what the outcome is.....

p.s.: I think you can post the link here no problem,seen many links to ebay etc posted on here,as long as it has to do with the topic at hand....

Comment

Originally posted by martino View Post
          Yes,I understand that
          What I'm trying to say is that if that cap is shorted(inside cap) it WILL kill the 5volt standby voltage...
          yep yep and 100% agree,thus why I got a new board on weebay and like I said
          in pm,I will give you my old one for free plus other cap

the time you spent on me is worthy and I thank you,the least I can do;is to give it to you. it's like Pay it Foward movie,doing this = it only can help.

I'm a forester/heavy machinery and truck operator,use to work near you too,did the run Edmonton to the diamond mine way up NWT and NuNavut all the way BC to NS.

but on TV I'm a bozo noobie,still in 1976 I took a RCA and found the horizontal
          and the vertical signal and plug it into my left and right audio and LOL we had fun then,CCR on TV,after this disco light started.

Comment

I do this for fun,my better halve and me are hardcore gamers,we don't watch public tv,have a lot of time on our hands with what we do(dog kennel,see signature) and I tinker with electronics...I am no expert by ANY means,just know enough to be dangerous,lol
            I'm here to learn as much as the next guy,paying great attention to Tom66,budm,tw2005 etc...as their knowledge is enormous.
            I like to help out with the little knowledge I have myself while learning myself as we go...
            Often budm etc have to come to the rescue,haha
            We live about 45 min south of Edmonton,don't see many from Alberta on here...which is too bad,could be so handy for board exchange etc....

Comment

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/gallery/ryckmav

it aint much since I dont care for picture but it show a bit about me

Comment

you're a good person martino

Comment

well I got the new board,that sellers live near by my place so it got here fast.

and it almost work!!!
                  once I plug all;I saw the small logic board below it,and it was flashing some small
                  green led light,so I unplug it and move the TV so I can see both back and front of it,
                  and it never work again! dam bad luck here.

after I re-did all the test and found that CX820 got no voltage and same on pin #2
                  of CN801

Comment

If you unplug the main board AND the logic board from the power supply,does the 5volt on pin#2 come back to normal?

Comment

Originally posted by martino View Post
                      If you unplug the main board AND the logic board from the power supply,does the 5volt on pin#2 come back to normal?
                      no

but I talk to the seller (on the Phone) and he's very honest and will ship me back another board,I think the problem was Canada Post who squash the box,because
                      all small fragile cap's were laying sideways when I open the box.for sure that box got squash some how.

I'll give this URL post to this seller because I think he can help lots of TV owner near by (canada/usa)

Comment

I think when your new board arrives,you should test that board with only the 110volt plugged in first,see if 5volt etc is as it should be before plugging in the logic and main board...just in case its the main or logic board that's killing the 5 volt line...(why i asked earlier in thread if main etc was plugged or unplugged)

I hate when I get a parcel that looks like its all smashed around,had a few perfectly good board being destroyed that way

Comment

yep I should have done this,instead of just plug in.
                          if you are right;this would mean a factory virus kill it right?

Comment

virus? haha....that would be scary if tv's could get a virus...
                            It would mean we need to measure some things on the mainboard and logic board side before the powerboard gets hooked up to them...
                            i will measure the points on the tv here,and post them here so you can check if perhaps the main or logic has a short...

Comment

I think you will find nothing and it can because of this;
                              they is no Intel on the power board therefore the logic board can not damage it,the only way it could do this is by sending back electric raw power the wrong way and power it can not have since once there the voltage is too low.

my new part was send Friday,I should get in 2-3 days from now but still I will wait for you before I fully plug it in.

only way to check Logic board would be by USB type and see what is cooking in there.

Comment

I got the new board in despite the smashing of Canada Post it did survive (see pic) the run and look like a brand new board
                                (no heat stain and no yellowish power supply)
                                and I got my voltage where it suppose to be.

Attached Files

Comment

any one got a pic of the logic board so I can compare it with mine?

I want to see if CN2008 should have 4 pin sticking out naked,if so it must be a connector of some kind?
                                  Attached Files

Comment

That connector is for factory and technician test, jumper pins 3-4 to activate 50Hz test pattern.
                                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

ok Thanks tom66,I'm just wondering is I should try this new power board w/o doing any
                                      more test.

Comment

I would do a quick measurement on the mainboard and the logic board...
                                        TV off and unplugged,meter on 200ohm scale..
                                        Find which pin on the mainboard is the incoming 5 volt standby from the psu....
                                        black probe on chassis,red probe on that pin,see if it reads low ohms.
                                        Do the same with the 5.3 volt line on the logic board...

Give me a sec,I will quickly measure mine here...lol

On my mainboard,connector coming from psu,second pin from top( wire next to the colored on on cable) reads no ohms,even on highest ohm scale..
                                        On my logic board both 5.3 volt wires,with meter on 20K ohm,it reads about 15km ohm,rapidly climbing out of scale...

Comment

all fix Martino.TV work like a bran new one and for this I thank you a LOT,and all I can say is "Pay it Forward",so read your pm and I'll ship those part for free.

many user of this forum got involve also and to you guys I say thank you;what you did was not useless but very help full thus why it took so long,I'm a truck driver so I had to figure out your complex way of talking.

amazing I got HD TV with "rabbit ear antenna now!!!!!) and I dont intend to give a dime to any TV provider.

no way one should pay to watch commercial.

Thank you all "you made my years" and if I can help in any way;I am stubborn to
                                          find a solution if I can.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X