Samsung plasma pn50B550t2f wont turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung plasma pn50B550t2f wont turn on

Right on!!!! Congrats on the repair. Don't let the fame of being a TV Einstein now get to your head haha.
    We don't have commercial tv either. Our tv's are now smart tv's as we just hook up our laptops and pc's to em. We download movies, Netflix and YouTube our shows
    50" plasma in bed room hooked to laptop with a wireless keyboard makes for a great entertainment centre
    Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

dont over expose this link,if so it will die like S T A G E V U E

http://viooz.co/movies/

stay away from HDstream tab,it's crap and catch 22,but all other tab are from low quality to DVD quality ,before downloading just check the MB or GB for newest movie,
      ex old movie are 500-850MB and LOTR Hobbits 1 and 2 is 1.2GB+

national geographic got superb movie also

Comment

Originally posted by Ryckmav View Post
        I created a new thread since this problem is not the same as other Samsung thread I was posting in.

Mine just wont turn on,I got no blinking light,sound...just dead.

tom66 suggest this to me about 2 months ago

ok since then,I got the part and a cap meter

#1 on pic is the cap you refer to Tom66?,but with a capacitance meter
        on the 2uf scale the new one read .063 and the one on the board read .069,should I still change it?(new one is http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...0492-ND/269112 )

#2 is those 3 cap I decide to test,those 3 cap are 450V and 150uf and on the 200uf scale they all read 1 (this was done with cap still on the board),they should read 150uf +- 10% no????

#3 well this one look crucial betwen them 2 transformator,should I check it? if so at what value,or this is the cuboid cyan you were talking about tom???

or should I check other stuff?

thanks for any help.

My TV won't power on. My board is the exact same. There is power until after the first fuse. All fuses check out ok but when the second fuse is tested there is no power. Any thoughts. There is power to somewhere around the red probe. Facet new

Comment

Originally posted by mrpipes3 View Post
          My TV won't power on. My board is the exact same. There is power until after the first fuse. All fuses check out ok but when the second fuse is tested there is no power. Any thoughts. There is power to somewhere around the red probe. Facet new

Sorry, I was working from my Iphone and the attachment didn't post. I lose power right around the red probe. Not sure of where to test next.
          Attached Files

Comment

take a pic like I did in previous post
            if power plant look like mine; change the entire board it cost 23$ on e-bay or Amazon

Comment

I have power and sound now just don't have a picture. How do I️ figure out which board is bad?

Comment

If you have power and sound then disconnect the cable from the mainboard to the logic (control) board (post #56) and jumper the two pins to see if you have test patterns displayed on the screen.
                Last edited by dick_barton; 11-08-2017, 09:26 AM.
                Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Thank you. The logic board has the blinking light and the main board it is where I️ plug HDM I️ cables in? How do I jumper it? ...very new

Comment

Remove the cable that goes from the mainboard to the logic control board. On the control board there are 4 pins that stick out. Take an old desktop cd/dvd/hard drive jumper(for setting master or slave) and put it on pins marked 3 &4. If you have colored screens your main board is bad.

Comment

Is the main board where you plug the HDMI cables in?

Comment

Working...
                      X