Help required samsung plasma ps50-c7hdx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help required samsung plasma ps50-c7hdx

Hi guys new here but taking this hobby serious. A couple of questions first.
    What is the best way to clear out loads of dust from a tv?
    And I am after a isolation transformer to make testing safer and to be able to use my scope safely, can anyone point me in the right direction with a link? I have seen one at rs components but not sure if I need to disconnect the earth from the secondary side?

Right then. The tv

Samsung ps-50c7hdx/xeu was given to me, it had a blown chip on the upper y buffer board, I have replaced the board and found shorted ziner diodes on the y main board which have now been replaced ( was given the tv in disassembled state so did these repairs before I could power up) when powering up I get very red screen sometimes goes black can't see any menus, not had source connected so can't confirm sound at this stage. Va is fine at 65v but vs states on sticker 202v, I get 201v for a few seconds then when the panel lights up it drops to 188v any ideas are most welcome
    Attached Files

Re: Help required samsung plasma ps50-c7hdx

Model sticker if you guys need other numbers
    Attached Files

Comment

Which chip on the buffer did you replace. Tried it with just one buffer?
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

It was one of the big square chips but I just replaced the whole upper board

Comment

It looks like your lower buffer may be bad. Can you supply a picture of the Y-buffer and Y-main boards.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Here is a picture of the back can get closer later if you need it
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
              Which chip on the buffer did you replace. Tried it with just one buffer?
              Replaced the upper board, both boards were connected in the picture

Comment

What do you get on the screen with the LOWER board unplugged from the Y-main, but the upper still in.

Comment

Here is a picture of what I get seems to be blank unless I press menu or source. Checked voltages and vs is now 201.9. Close enough to 202
                  Attached Files

Comment

Can you attempt to locate the Vsch and Vscan voltages (Vscan may also be called Vsc or -Vsc.) Vsch is tested across the buffer board's negative and positive, as if you were testing it for a short circuit. If unsure post a close picture of the connectors going to each board.

Comment

Bit more info, I tried just the bottom board and got similar results and when both boards are connected vs is 201.6. I have also noticed buzzing noise from y main board

Comment

Bottom buffer connection
                        Attached Files

Comment

Top buffer connection, also shows Zener diodes I replaced
                          Attached Files

Comment

Connection to board
                            Attached Files

Comment

Not sure of the test points

Comment

OK on this connector
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1404677915

Check voltage from top most pin to bottom most pin.
                                Last edited by tom66; 07-07-2014, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Right the voltage was 135.4 on the upper and lower buffers. Then one of the lower buffer chips blew. Bugger

Comment

Pop
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Will swap out the blown chip this weekend, can the y main board be tested without the buffer boards connected?

Comment

Anyone know how to get the glue from round the chips on a samsung

Comment

Working...
                                        X