Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG 50PA4500 Clicking troubleshooting HELP please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 50PA4500 Clicking troubleshooting HELP please...

Yeah m-on and stby
    Sometimes it's printed a bit clearer on the underside of the board.

Comment

I'd like to pick up where this thread left off: got the same model LG with the same symptoms. PSU P/N:EAY62609701
      Have disconnected all cables to psu except line voltage and jumped M.ON to STBY
      The relay clicks twice and there are no output voltages except 5.2vdc STBY

Comment

Do you have a way to take an up close picture of your TV's power supply ?

Comment

Both sides?

Comment

My psu
            Attached Files

Comment

...and this
              Attached Files

Comment

Replace C802 Capacitor (circled in the photo below) It can be found on ebay.

223J@1250V HIGH PULSE. If your unable to perform this repair I can assist you if needed.

Last edited by Brentsky; 02-17-2015, 03:53 PM.

Comment

By the way this is turning into a common problem with this model of power supply.

Comment

Thanks for the info very useful. The poly cap in a lot of these half-bridge type power supplies is a frequent failure. Some models seem immune and yet others have tons of issues. Wonder why, seems like it might be a parts sourcing/quality issue rather than a design issue. Have seen 15+yr old PSUs with those caps still OK.
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

So it looks like that cap is a .022uF @ 1.25kvdc pp. I'm not partial to eBay so ordered a hopefully suitable substitute from digikey last night; should be here by end of day... we will see if that's the fix...
                      Thanks guys!

Comment

What's the part number for that cap?

Comment

Like I said its a substitute, here is the data sheet:
                          Maybe one of the more knowledgable guys can review this...
                          Part# is B32612A7223J008 it's rated high pulse and application include SMPS, I've got 10 coming and will post results but caution you to use at your own risk.
                          Last edited by Fwrothy; 02-18-2015, 12:05 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

I haven't even taken c802 off of my board yet to test it...

Comment

Ok the new caps arrived; took out c802 and tested it-nfg
                              Checked the new cap- on spec@ .0215uF
                              Attached Files

Comment

Ok new cap in and board remounted in chassis...
                                Left all cables but AC disconnected.
                                Powered up psu-ONE RELAY CLICK!
                                Checked voltages at main cap- ~390vdc
                                Jumped M-on to STBY, all voltages including VSTP & VATP check out.
                                Power down, reconnect Y&Z sus cable and main board cable.
                                Plugged it back in and it Works!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Fwrothy; 02-19-2015, 03:11 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Nice fix, thanks for sharing!
                                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thank you brentsky for this solution!
                                    Still not sure of the compatibility of the substitute cap- but so far so good-Comments?
                                    Attached Files

Comment

i cant post a new topic as im a new member but

I have a 60PA6500

It switches between either

*constant relay click

or

*stuck in some standby mode where the screen is on but blank , power LEF is red and control board D101 Led blinks fast then slow then pauses

weird thing is every now and again the TV works fine for a few days then back to this.

when its in its constant relay click boot it will do this with just the power and main board connected and all other boards unplugged

any help an ideas?

POWER SUPPLY EAX64276701/11 EAY62609801

Comment

i have completed an auto gen test and the screen cycles through different colours, so from what ive read that means its a mainboard problem?

what can i test on the main board?

Comment

Mainboard is an EAX64696607 (1.0)

Comment

Working...
                                          X