LG 75UH8500 color static frozen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 75UH8500 color static frozen

Got a LG with color static frozen. Doesn't move just stays on this picture. I'd assume it's main board but I'm sure one of you has seen this before. Any data helps thanks
    Attached Files

it could be issue on MB the rail of >20V .. if it response to RC. try send IN_STOP command via service RC

Comment

Do I have to do a specific sequence of commands or just hit instop button on service remote? Just want to make sure there isn't a hidden unknown button press sequence. But I will try

Comment

IN_STOP followed with key 0-4-1-3

Comment

Negative, can't turn it on nor perform instop while on or off with commands.

Comment

Already seen this in previous models, i remember one model that did this only in network videos.. for me the same old damn error, bga error on main board, if lg panel possible bga on tcon but i suppose them are the same (all in one mb+tcon)

Comment

As in the EMMC or the CPU. If CPU is this something a reflow would handle?

Comment

Originally posted by EazyBone View Post
                Negative, can't turn it on nor perform instop while on or off with commands.
                you need to reduce load on the set... for example disconnect speaker... Wifi/BT module... the side control keys disconnect it... in case you have one keys always pressed--- .. use HDMI signal via ARC HDMIL port to ölet the set sync and switched to HDMI Input...

Comment

Reflow is non sense method, especially in fixed apparatus, bga balls are to be replaced because tin alloy is not good..

Comment

Yes that's not quite what I'm asking but still doesn't answer which component.

Comment

ok, a reflow could reveal or not, could even worsen the situation, also freezing could reveal maybe, i don:t experiment much, heat and cool have different effects..

Comment

It's definitely the main board. Test the caps in ohm mode around the big BGA chips. Which ever chip has the low ohms caps near is the problem.

you can try a reflow for testing but my experience with this model lg is you have to replace it. I've never got a reflow to work

you can buy the chips but they come from China so takes a while to get and need BGA workstation.

Mainboards are getting expensive and almost impossible to find for this model though and will just have the same fate

Comment

Okay sure, figured it was and yes it looks impossible to get one apparently.. which is why I am here. I'll keep looking

Comment

Last edited by Davi.p; 06-11-2024, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X