Yay... a Samsung PS-50Q96HD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay... a Samsung PS-50Q96HD!

Wondered how long it'd take me to see another...
    Got this for FREE... thanks for the tip Vince

Power supply has been MANGLED by some guy, but amazingly, the Y-main and Y-buffer all look OK... I managed to get a completely dead power board off a friend for a low price (shorted Vs FETs it appears) which shouldn't be too expensive to repair.

Not as bad as the Panasonic, but it looks like they just tore off the heatsink - ouch!
    Attached Files
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Re: Yay... a Samsung PS-50Q96HD!

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
    Wondered how long it'd take me to see another...
    Got this for FREE... thanks for the tip Vince

Power supply has been MANGLED by some guy, but amazingly, the Y-main and Y-buffer all look OK... I managed to get a completely dead power board off a friend for a low price (shorted Vs FETs it appears) which shouldn't be too expensive to repair.

Not as bad as the Panasonic, but it looks like they just tore off the heatsink - ouch!
    im sure you will fix it tom i actually delete and replace my wanted adds on friday every week so the people who are of work the weekends see the add hahaha got some good stuff recently to be honest most i have kept just googled your set looks like a good one has it got the stand as well?

Comment

Got stand and back cover (yes, it came separately) but NO screws...! Will have to find some. It's an OK set. 50" 720p plasma. Average picture quality. A good LCD these days would beat it. They have minor sparklies issues but usually easy to tweak out with Yrr, Yfr, Vs, Vset, Vsc and Ve -- just find the best position for all 7!

Very nice guy had his son look at it. Probably was just trying to repair common cold joint issue as these suffer from the problem of turning on for about 30 seconds to 10 minutes then shutting down randomly..
      Last edited by tom66; 01-17-2014, 11:40 AM.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

hey still not bad for a freebie. hope its going to be a easy fix.

Comment

Indeed, cannot complain at all. Will see how it goes when I get parts tomorrow.

Comment

Tried set on bulb tester ... clicks on and off flashing like crazy. Then released that the blown fuse for the Vs supply also feeds the Va, 15V, 5.3V, etc. transformer. So it now makes sense why it was clicking. (Main board not sensing those voltages and going into power cycle.)

Comment

parts hopefully be with you tomorrow so fingers crossed its a easy fix.
              just renewed my wanted add hahaha you know any hacks tom got a free hdmi sky box today with no card need to get extra channels for free hahaha.
              Last edited by vinceroger69; 01-17-2014, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Yes, hopefully. In Leeds I can just pop down to Farnell, they are about 30 minutes by bike or 10 minutes by car, £5 minimum order from trade counter.

Comment

Yes, hopefully. In Leeds I can just pop down to Farnell, they are about 30 minutes by bike or 10 minutes by car, £5 minimum order from trade counter.
                  thats good then the nearest i have here is a rs trade counter but never tried to use them to be honest.

Comment

I have to say CPC's free shipping on anything is a game changer for the eBay capacitor sellers. Even if CPC were to make it a £2 or £3 minimum order they could not compete. Hope they continue for a long time, the cap market needs competition, some prices are just outrageous, when it's only a few quid from Farnell!

Comment

got to agree cpc are good averages 4 days if i order usually so not bad hmcomp ebay always next day if im in desperate need but i have learnt to order extras each time now so have spares.

Comment

did you have time to make any progress on this tom or have you been busy with other projects.

Comment

Yeah, going to finish it off tomorrow. Had to finish Panny 42" today and the FETs were being buggers so left it to a friend to finish off.
                          Working on that 32" Toshiba-Vestel now... it starts OK but only about 1 in 3 times, trying to get that to 3 in 3 times

Comment

yes saw your post on that i wondered what was under the aliminium panels when i took my psu apart now i know forgot about that toshiba you had but i remember it now ive just been finishing some jobs of i had started too many unfinished projects on the go haha.
                            what board is playing up on the toshiba as sorted all my spare parts out today might have one?

Comment

The Panasonic is practically finished, just need replacement cable from someone. It now powers up and works apart from one pink bar due to bad ribbon cable.

Toshiba, I'm doing a transplant of a 17PW26-4 into a TV using 17PW25-4. The operation is fairly advanced but I think I have nailed down the last issue of intermittent refusal to boot. It just needs a much larger cap on the unreg 9V line... more to come on that.

Comment

i remember now yes you will sort it trial and error i guess.

Comment

I appreciate your confidence... Last try before I go to bed...

Comment

Samsung 50" progress: FETs installed, SMDs done. Only one diode on FET gate drive was bad, but all main components replaced out of caution anyway. (The other diode tested OK out of circuit, so I left it.)

FETs still to be bolted to heatsink, do not yet have plyers to get one screwed in good.

Will perform smoke test tomorrow.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by tom66; 01-25-2014, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Progress... TV has some sparklies issues, though.

I was able to reduce them, but not completely eliminate them, with the following settings:

Vs: 213V (from 207V)
                                      Ve: 105V (from 94V)
                                      -Vsc: -210V (from -190V)

Ysc: turned UP before sparklies
                                      Yset: turned UP before sparklies

But it's mostly working now. I was shocked to find Y-main still working! lol.…
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by tom66; 01-26-2014, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Progress... TV has some sparklies issues, though.

I was able to reduce them, but not completely eliminate them, with the following settings:

Vs: 213V (from 207V)
                                        Ve: 105V (from 94V)
                                        -Vsc: -210V (from -190V)

Ysc: turned UP before sparklies
                                        Yset: turned UP before sparklies

But it's mostly working now. I was shocked to find Y-main still working! lol.…
                                        nice one tom you lucky.....

noticed on most plasmas of this size theres always some degree on sparklies may be the age but find you notice it when up close

Comment

Working...
                                        X